• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone using a dash mat / carpeted dash covers question

gtx6970

Local time
12:45 AM
Reaction score
Anyone running one ? if so brand and quality feedback replies please
Preferably in a 66 or 67 B body

I'm looking into one to keep the Arizona sun off my dash

I see Dash Designs sells on ebay and are a little bit cheaper than going direct with Dashmat / Covercraft by about $15

Im leaning towards dash Designs primarily due to the color Maroon variation I think is a better match for my cars metallic red interior

https://www.ebay.com/itm/313326214563?

Or Dashmat in Claret

https://www.covercraft.com/us/en/product/dashmat-custom-dash-cover.DMC

Last edited:
I have a "dashmat" cover in my Ebody. I had one 1/2'" crack and thought best to keep the sun off of it. Been in there for years already and has held up very well. Granted... not Az level of sun.....

The only dash cover I've ever had was a Dashmat on my 84 Mazda P/U back in the day, I had it on the truck for about 14 years before the truck died. The mat was still in great shape when I traded it in. I have no complains.

Used Dashmat for 20+years on my 67 Dart. Using Dashmat on my PT Cruiser for 14 years now and still going.
Nevada sun and heat. The wife drove the PT to work and it sat out in the elements for the first 10 years. No fading or falling apart.
Works for me.

Have a Dashmat from the Dodge dealer in my '03 Cummins since new. Has never been parked in a garage. The foam on the back has pulled loose where the velcro attaches so I stapled the velcro to it. It still looks new. However, the dash underneath still cracked like crazy, even "never" having direct sun on it. The heat still destroyed it.

Auto Transport Service
Back