• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone Visited Disneyland Lately?

Dibbons

Local time
10:46 PM
Reaction score
My first visit was circa 1958 and thinking about returning for another visit. How is it now?

yoWcUw&riu=http%3a%2f%2fcdn.zmescience.com%2fwp-content%2fuploads%2f2012%2f02%2fold-mickey-mouse.jpg

I went to Disney world and Disneyland recently and it’s good but prepare to wait forever in rides anywhere from 35 mins to 144 minutes for a ride depending on the ride itself

plus it’s full of people everywhere so yeah it’s pretty packed

Been to Disney in CA back in 84 & in FL the following year with a friend. Went two times to FL with the family about 20 years ago & that's enough. Both of those times I felt like I needed a vacation after vacationing there. At this point in my life, I'm all Disney'd out.

I heard it's very expensive also. It does bring the kid out of us old folk. I went to Disneyland in 77 with my kids and a couple of times to Disneyworld because it's 2000 miles closer.

I heard half seat, so its every other seat u can sit on so rides take twice as long. My daughters friend went 1 ride took i want to say 4 hours. But with everything supposedly opening up in March your chances of shorter lines mite be better.

Living in So Cal I've had a couple of yearly passes and enjoyed going 4-6 times a year. Lately during Covid many of the attractions have been closed or slowed down and prices have increased. Disneyland even shut down the tram that shuttles you from the parking structure to the park entrance. Without the tram you have to walk about a mile to the main entrance, that's ok when you arrive but when your day is over after a very long day of walking, the walk back to your car is exhausting. I can only imagine how long the walk back to your car is when young families have to carry a child or two who are asleep.
I still enjoy Disneyland but the magic is fading a little with increased prices and increased crowds. We were at Walt Disney World a couple of weeks ago, it was fun but the prices and the crowds have increased.
If you're interested in visiting a Disney park just be prepared to spend a lot of money and around thousands and thousands of other guests.

haven't been since 2013. But yeah....loooong waits, packed with people. Wife's family had a reunion in 2005, so it was at Disney. I'm past the ride stage, so I enjoyed Epcot a lot more.

EXPENSIVE as hell now, went there 25 years ago.

and once you get inside...the food is WAY overpriced and crappy. I don't mind so much the cost to get in, but give us some decent fairly priced food.

My GF was there for the pre-opening day opening for employees & invited guests in 1955... Her dad did the design work on the water features for the Jungle Boat ride... She was a regular at the park through out the 60's & early 70's, her dad always had a stack of free passes that he gave out like candy...

Last time we went was 2008 between Christmas & New Years... Terrible time to go & we knew it going in.. But it's when the DIL picked & bought passes for soooooo...

Prior to that we went in 2005 a week before Thanksgiving, my GF chose the timing of that trip & it was awesome, the park was surprisingly quiet,I have a photo taken while standing on Main Street looking across the square mid morning there isn't fifty people in that photo... Ordinarily there would be a minimum of 350-500 people in that area... Rides that week were literally no more than a five minute wait....

Last edited:
1958?!

They have electricity and phones now. Gaslights and telegraph are long gone.

Back in '58 the Matterhorn bobsled ride was still being constructed, one could here constant hammering from the carpenters building the wooden skeleton frame.

I also went in 1960 when you had to buy a book to get on the rides. The E ticket was for the best rides. My Dad's 58 Plymouth wagon made it there from NY with a flat head six and 3 on the tree.

We went about 4 years ago for the 3rd time. Each time we took advantage of the Free Disney Dining Plan promotion. All meals free and 3 snacks per day per person free. One meal a day could be table service, the other 2 meals had to be counter service. Probably saved about $2K in meals alone. We had so many snacks left at the end of the vacation, the wife and I let the kids use it up on bags of candy. We came home with about 30lbs of candy. We would only go when they offered this and off-season times. I don’t think they offer the Dining Plan anymore. We waited over 2 hours for the Avatar ride which was fairly new at the time. Well worth the wait though. All other rides weren’t too bad. I don’t think they offer FastPass anymore either.

I understand after re-opening this last time all the good promotions and discounts have been eliminated (I hope they return soon).

I didn't have that great of an experience
too long of lines, **** food, 3rd world types everywhere
when I took the kids in the late 80's & again in early 90's

way back in 1969 last time I went, I actually enjoyed it
but, I was 10 years old, it was nice then
other than the people I went with,
My Uncle Richard/Aunt Adelaide, moms sister/husband
my cousins 5 of them & an oder lady friend of my aunt/uncle
"babysitter"
Richard he was a raging gambler,
he lost all the $$$ my parents gave them for all 3 kids
& all his family 3 adults & of 5 kid too
At the San Anita Horse race track, went bust
he was a raging fool
we got kicked out of our hotel room
had to wire my parents to get gas money to get back home...
We were supposed to be at Disneyland for like 5-7 days
(it was like $50 for adults & $25 for kids back then IIRC)

current ****
Prices; 1 park per day $255 per/adult & $240 per/child
Parkhopper per day $315 per/adult & $300 per/child (all park access)

better to buy a multiple day package,
you save, a lil' more for each extra day
but still fucken' crazy prices now

no way I'd pay that now...
cost thousands of dollars for 1 day to take a family now
just to get into the park

Ol' Walt is turning over in his grave as I type...

Disney World wasn't much better
took all the family once way back in like 1992-ish
too long of a trip & expensive, more expensive than Disneyland was...
but it's a deal to do for the kids... sort of mandatory

Went to Marriott's Great America (now Six Flags, haven't been there)
a lot closer to where I lived & was
like 1/3 of the prices too, great food, great rides,
not as much lil kiddy ****, nowhere near the waiting times either...

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back