• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone watching Mecum?

Grady Cain

Local time
1:37 PM
Reaction score
Just curious - wondering how the current fluctuating economy will affect the muscle car market...
20190105_164646.jpg

Is that the RR that just sold last month at auction in the 45,000 range?

Suddenly I recall a recent thread about $10,000 and up paint jobs. If you factor that in those cars don't seem to be selling for much.

That 70 road runner was well bought.

I record all Mecum shows.
I can skip past the stuff I'm not interested in, about 75% of the cars, and see what is bringing what kind of money, out of curiosity because we're not selling either car. I enjoy the show. We went to Kissimmee Mecum for vacation! It was great!

I record all Mecum shows.
I can skip past the stuff I'm not interested in, about 75% of the cars, and see what is bringing what kind of money, out of curiosity because we're not selling either car. I enjoy the show. We went to Kissimmee Mecum for vacation! It was great!
Good idea.

Don't they list the cars and what they sold for on their website?

Can’t find it. Motortrend. Fox1.

The auctioneer school must make them watch all the Porky Pig cartoons before they get their certificates.

Good idea.

Don't they list the cars and what they sold for on their website?
Yes. We get brochures now of upcoming events.
It was a BLAST!
My wife and I saw so many great cars in person, up close. Heard them too!!
The Kissimmee show we went to had quite a few of the cars featured in the "Mecum Top 10" series they just had on TV.
So many cars, but a couple of my favorites were the 1963 or so Pontiac lightweight factory drag cars, 421 with 2x4bbl carbs, a Swiss cheese Catalina, the early 60s MOPAR factory lightweight altered wheelbase B bodies with cross ram Hemis, and even this hatchback Pontiac Ventura GTO:
https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0117-269313/1974-pontiac-gto/

I used to watch a show where they had 2 experienced auto appraisers look the cars over with the owner before the auction and make a prediction on what it would sell for. Some times they were right, sometimes the owner was right on the asking price.

Airs tomorrow. Comcast cable from hell. Over 200 a month.

Looks like Mecum is the place to buy and Barrett Jackson is the place to sell. A lot of cars being loaded and going back home...

I'm streaming it live on YouTube - no commercials and you get to see every car. I'm thinking every Mopar I have seen so far has been "well bought."

Auto Transport Service
Back