• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

anyone with wilwood rear parking brake kit??

lxmodguy

Gen3 Hemi Guru
Local time
7:40 AM
Reaction score
I am really struggling to get this thing put together. Are there any little tips or tricks to make it easier? I have teh 140-7144 kit with a 67 B body 8.75 spec rear end.

So what is the problem? Need more info.

two things going on really, there is no clearance to get the retainer bracket in and bolted down. trying to get a lock washer and a nut through a hole the size of my finger sucks. That and I think moser sent me an axle that is too long for the passengers side. It wont go in all the way

Are you using green bearings? Did you remove the thrust button?

I have the snap ring style moser bearings. Is it really just this much of a pain in the butt? The short axle slides right in on both sides so it isn't a bearing issue. I really think they send me the wrong axle for the passengers side.

its a 9 inch ford center with 8.75 ends on the housing.

Hey Brian, measure the axle and call Moser to see what they say. Also got any pics so we can "see" what your talking about?

Talked to moser today. They sent me the wrong length axle. I was sure that had to be the case.

Not that everyone will see this, but some notes for folks who are trying to put a custom 9 inch into a B body

First, the back brace will not fit. Your shocks will hit it.
Second, if you are going with disc brakes on the back make sure you tell them NOT TO PRESS on the bearings.
Last, ensure that you are very clear about what center section you are using.

That is all. If you follow those instructions you will save yourself a lot of trouble.

Auto Transport Service
Back