• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Appraisal of 1969 Coronet Super Bee

Been through it 4 times, after the first time I promised myself I wouldn't deal with it again for any reason...after the first one the rest are easy. Don't loose your cool is the most important thing to remember with the second thing being don't do anything stupid. Hopefully he will appraise it low although if that happens she may try to take something else then you have to decide whats more important.

you might want to have the mods delete this thread....... lawyers love this stuff and will use it to suggest a "pattern" of behavior

A standard 383 Bee will have the 213/213 rear spring set up.
A 383 with A31 or A36 axle package will have the 795/965 unequal rear spring set up like the Hemi and 440-6 cars.
In 69? I was under the impression, that in 69 every Bee got the unequal rear spring set up as part of the S13 suspension and they changed it in 70 to S15, which was optional on a 383 Bee.

Would the axle package be listed on the fender tag? At his point I am just curious.

Would the axle package be listed on the fender tag? At his point I am just curious.

Yes. On a St. Louis or LA tag, it will show up as A31 or A36. On a Lynch Road tag, the rear end codes will be 642 or 643 for the A31 package or 591 or 594 for A36 package

Do you have any documentation for this? I can't see a difference in 69 between a Super Bee with a 383 or a Hemi.

69_Coronet_2.jpg

Do you have any documentation for this? I can't see a difference in 69 between a Super Bee with a 383 or a Hemi.

View attachment 1078636

LOL...of course. :) but I'm not going to hijack the thread. It would be best to start a new topic. See post #23

The salesman's guide will not show the actual part numbers used nor the actual application like other documentation (broadcast sheets) will.

Last edited:
WM21H9G233---

...is your VIN.

Or at least it should be.

The vin matches the engine, radiator support, trunk rail and transmission.

No, sorry I see the VIN number on the tag and it matches all the parts such as the engine, trans and body parts correctly. The tag looks different from my R/T as I guess different plants made different tags.

My lovely soon to be ex-wife wants a share of my Coronets value and the appraiser came out yesterday to inspect my cars. He claims that the vin stamping on my 1969 Mr. Norms Coronet Super Bee engine block and radiator support are somewhat crooked and look possibly faked to pass it off as numbers matching. Also, he claimed the leaf sprig torque box is not welded (?) like all Super Bee's should be. This is a 383 four speed. I had it appraised 5-7 years ago and it was by a professional appraiser that only worked on Mopars and had a 1968 Coronet R/T and he never mentioned any of the things the new appraiser mentioned. The more the new guy is incorrect about it authenticity is better for me as it would lower the value of the Super Bee in the marital assets proceedings. Is he correct about the torque box and vin stamping? Thanks guys
I had an appraiser say my 40,000 original mile car wasn’t worth any more that than 1 that had a hundred thousand miles on it with body work and non original engine. WTF is the matter with some of these so called appraisers. Kim

Could be Simple Jealousy that they don't have one.

Yes thank the guy for helping you identify this faked super bee and his value is half of reality.

As said above the springs are correct for A super bee with no axle pkg or HD suspension.

Show him a Hundred Dollar Bill and tell him to keep going.....

His appraisal was about 30% less on both cars than previously appraised years ago. It lowered the value so I am happy.

His appraisal was about 30% less on both cars than previously appraised years ago. It lowered the value so I am happy.
That's good news I guess. Curious how they are putting a value on the car you have sitting at MCR?

I asked her attorney to accept the cost of $13,500.00 which I paid just before our separation for the Coronet R/T as an appraisal as it is disassembled and not running. She does not know where it is or the scope of the work as I sent it out a few weeks after our separation but unfortunately I paid for it a week before separation so it is considered a marital asset. So does not work so I think it is unfair but it is the law. She accepted the cost so all is good now.

Auto Transport Service
Back