• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are you a cheap bastard?

I won't eat leftover food after a couple of days.
I eat things way past what most people would say is OK.
Almost never have any bad effects.
We throw out way too much food in this country.

But to answer the thread topic:
I'M DUTCH (need I say more...)

I eat things way past what most people would say is OK.
Almost never have any bad effects.
We throw out way too much food in this country.

But to answer the thread topic:
I'M DUTCH (need I say more...)
Lets talk about this lol.... I personally wont eat it if its over 2 days old. I also hate cold cut meat.. Turkey,ham etc etc.. Cook that ****..

Cheap enough to reuse condoms?

giphy (1).gif

I prefer frugal :poke: smart

I only skimp where necessary
rarely ever buy the cheapest anything

My Grandpappy use to say all the time “If it’s free Junior, it’s worth saving up fur!”
Here’s the new pup, Fleabag, picking cotton fur his own bed.
I even got to pick out the switch when I’s was about to get whooped back in the day.
haywire

View attachment 1016119 View attachment 1016121

I’m right there with you haywire i had to pick my own switch and it had better been a good one!

"Are you a cheap bastard?"
If it means I can buy more ammo, damn straight....
Me on the cheap ammo websites:
dolla bills.gif

My wife pokes fun at me for washing off lightly soiled foam plates for reuse and for tearing paper towels in half......waste not, want not is what my pops always taught me!

I'm so cheap I make my wife get 3 quotes for the weekly groceries.

I'm single , if I see it, I want it, I buy it. Might shop around. I have a buddy that's real cheap every time we go the Diner he's always stealing all the jelly, ketchup,salt and pepper, napkins he can Carrie. Then when he gets home heat transfers to catch up into a ketchup bottle. No joking

I had some relatives (no longer around) that used to take lunch bags into a buffet. And fill those up for there next three days of eating. Talk about embarrassing to be around. To cheap to buy groceries.

It's nice to see that some of my cost saving measures are also followed my other people. ;)

I do the bars of soap smushing so I never waste any portion of them, I scavenge wood and other stuff from the waste transfer station...have got so much great stuff from furniture, pressure washer, generator, home decor, cans and bottle to cash in at recycler, and tools that people just toss. I grew up fairly poor so Dad would fry up the sandwich meat for our school lunches when it started to smell bad, so best before/expiry dates are merely a suggestion to me. ;) I could go on and on....:)

No doubt I am cheap and reminded of it almost daily. Not nearly as bad as my best friend however. Whenever the AC is turned on in their house, there is no using the kitchen stove. Coffee pot gets moved outside along with a pizza oven and a bunsen(sic?) burner. Can't be any extra BTU's generated in the house. When his shoes are wore out and the soles separate or he wears a hole through it, out comes the duct tape, and he gets another 6-9 months out of them. He collects the aluminum tabs from beer cans and turns them in somewhere for free shoes. His wife is a saint for putting up with his crap.

Auto Transport Service
Back