• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are you addicted to salt or sugar ?

fourgearsavoy

Local time
3:49 AM
Reaction score
Now that the holidays are here it's very difficult to adhere to my diet restrictions. I'm diabetic and have borderline blood pressure. Anybody else have to watch their intake of salt and sugar ? In the past I have just ignored my diet and ate whatever was in front of me although in moderation.
I still have my favorite snack of chocolate chip cookies and a tall glass of Guinness on Christmas eve.

Gus

Salt absolutely I like it and use way to much
I can't remember the last time I had actual sugar. I don't eat cookies, cake and stuff. I know sugar is in some foods I eat but I don't eat much of it.
For no real reason

By default we’re all addicted to both thanks to the food processing companies. There is both in virtually everything. They made sure for that to be the case. Didn‘t have to be that way but it is. I’m always borderline on glucose levels as well as a1c as a whole. Sure as hell don’t want to develop diabetes II.

White sugar apparently bloats me up. Too many Christmas cookies. I was better snacking on chips and salsa.

I would like to friendly warn you all: before my heart surgery, I asked the surgeon what is causing a lot of these cardiovascular problems. He said sodium! Something we learned in rehab after surgery is to read labels on boxes and cans. You will be shocked at how many foods may have 30-50% or more of your daily sodium allowance in one serving. I don't salt anything but prepared food that comes out of a box or can can eventually kill you.

I do get my fair share of sugar from a couple good ales
Carbs yes, sugar, no.
  • Regular beer: 12.8 grams of carbs, 0 grams of sugar
  • Light beer: 5.9 grams of carbs, 0.3 grams of sugar
  • Low carb beer: 2.6 grams of carbs, 0 grams of sugar
  • Non-alcoholic beer: 28.5 grams of carbs, 28.5 grams of sugar
  • Miller High Life: 12.2 grams of carbs, 0 grams of sugar
  • Miller Lite: 3.2 grams of carbs, 0 grams of sugar
  • Coors Banquet: 11.7 grams of carbs, 0 grams of sugar
  • Coors Light: 5 grams of carbs, 1 gram of sugar
  • Coors Non-alcoholic: 12.2 grams of carbs, 8 grams of sugar
  • Heineken: 11.4 grams of carbs, 0 grams of sugar
  • Budweiser: 10.6 grams of carbs, 0 grams of sugar
  • Bud Light: 4.6 grams of carbs, 0 grams of sugar
  • Busch: 6.9 grams of carbs, no sugar reported
  • Busch Light: 3.2 grams of carbs, no sugar reported

I've been on regular Busch for a few years.

For a full flavor, full alcohol brew- 6.9 g of carbs looks pretty good compared to others.

Guinness "Nitro" is also a fave.

Bet that's not quite as "good" for me.

I love sugar but as I'm aging I'm figuring out that's if I eat too much sugar, which seems to be less every year, my joints ache. If I eat a piece of pecan pie it takes four to five days for my joints to stop popping.

I've been on regular Busch for a few years.

For a full flavor, full alcohol brew- 6.9 g of carbs looks pretty good compared to others.

Guinness "Nitro" is also a fave.

Bet that's not quite as "good" for me.
I much prefer the Bush light I find the heavy to filling, after 5-6 I can’t possibly drink another 5-6.

I try to mix it in sometimes but generally not enough flavor (or alcohol).

Salt, but must be the right [real] kind. If you haven't swapped over to 'pink' salt yet, I urge you check it out. It's sold as Himalayan salt and is not processed and is the actual mineral salt. Most folks on a salt restricted diet can have all this you want as so with those on salt restricted diets for various heart issues. It's the kind that was once used as money to barter with. I prefer the extra fine ground in 5 lb bags on Amazon.

pepper more than salt....but my salt is the pink salt. both salt and pepper come from a grinder. That said I know my seasonings are full of salt...so salt as well.

Salt, but must be the right [real] kind. If you haven't swapped over to 'pink' salt yet, I urge you check it out. It's sold as Himalayan salt and is not processed and is the actual mineral salt. Most folks on a salt restricted diet can have all this you want as so with those on salt restricted diets for various heart issues. It's the kind that was once used as money to barter with. I prefer the extra fine ground in 5 lb bags on Amazon.
I would do some research on that pink salt, no heart assn or doctor will tell you this. Having all you want will destroy your kidneys.

Butter does it for me. Dinner rolls or some good Italian bread is just a delivery system for butter.

Sugar. But you are what you eat so I'm just a sweetheart.

Auto Transport Service
Back