• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are you addicted to salt or sugar ?

I thought that salt & sugar were part of the 4 essential food groups, along with fat & alcohol??

Honestly both - and I am paying the price for it. I have bloated up like a tick the past few years and I cannot get outta the endless downward spiral.

I eat when I am stressed and I would have what most would consider a pretty stressful job, so then I feel like crap. So because I feel bad and like crap i eat to try and feel better.... damn Im a slob.

I like using my smoker and when I prepare meat I put my salty rub on then 5 hours later I slather it with a sugar based BBQ sauce. I put it on a Keiser roll that is loaded with carbs and sugar then wash it down with a good pale ale.
Ahhh... Thats living man! Too bad my doc cringes when I tell him about this meal.

Gus

Not addicted to salt or sugar so much, it’s the Franks hot sauce, from eggs to oysters I put that s_ _t on everything

I’m not a fan of salt - not to say I don’t eat it because as I said earlier - just look at anything you buy at the grocery store - save fresh veggies, fresh unprocessed meats and fish - Everything else is loaded down with one or both of these poisons. I can do w/o salt and if cooking I ask my wife to pls not put any salt in my food - even if the recipe calls for it. Sugar is another story - I would do the same with sugar but I have a terrible sweet tooth when it comes to certain things. I can swear it off for say six month intervals but eventually I always hear the devil sitting on my shoulder saying “go ahead just one won’t hurt” then I’m off and running until my next interval ……. My wife on the other hand is much more disciplined than I - she’s in remission from cancer and the way we understood it cancer cells feed off of sugar - so she won’t touch it. 85% of her diet is vegetables then a small supplement of fresh fish or chicken. She sticks to that like a glove. Wish I could follow her example.

Auto Transport Service
Back