• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Arizona Members

5.7 hemi

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:57 PM
Reaction score
Leaving Ca. Saturday morning headed to Texas. Was thinking of taking Hwy.40 and staying the night in Flagstaff. My concern going that route with my 11’ Ram 2500 6.7 4x4 towing our 20ft enclosed trailer and my wife driving our 13’ JGC 2wd is the weather, snow.

I don’t have chains, but can buy them along the way I suppose. We have never driven in snow like those that live in areas that get it (other than the ski resorts).

Should I take hwy.10? Not really wanting to deal with LA traffic.

When Mary and I go to AZ each Christmas, we take HWY 58 through Tehachapi, I-15 to Barstow, 247 to 177 to I-10.
Never any snow there.
I-10 does get busy through Phoenix though.

Yeah, I driven 10 from Phoenix to Hanford Ca, I didn’t like it.

Thanks Kern!

The path we take goes through Joshua Tree, TwentyNine Palms and Lucerne. It is mostly 2 lane roads where cell service is spotty but traffic is very light.

Thru to mohave/bullhead on 40, I can't imagine snow. From laughlin to Kingman, maybe. Flagstaff, I've never been.

Not too worried about Kingman, just Flagstaff as it’s higher elevation.

Just remember - don’t turn and look back. You’re about emancipated ……

I only have known a few people that left this state and came back. One was my older brother. He went to live in New York, then to Australia.
Another was a car guy that missed his grandkids. One was some trashy whore.

Auto Transport Service
Back