• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Arm Rest Question

Thanks for sharing. Those are the 68 and up ones that are different than what came on the car. I can't find any 66 and 67 ones anywhere... lol

Thanks for sharing. Those are the 68 and up ones that are different than what came on the car. I can't find any 66 and 67 ones anywhere... lol
I took them off a 1967 Coronet 500. They are identical to the ones in my 1967 R/T.

I took them off a 1967 Coronet 500. They are identical to the ones in my 1967 R/T.
I see. Then that brings be back to my origonal question and problem. I don't know why mine are different and why I can't fine any that are like them? Could it be a plymouth thing?

I see. Then that brings be back to my origonal question and problem. I don't know why mine are different and why I can't fine any that are like them? Could it be a plymouth thing?
It appears to be as Mr YY1 said earlier; the 'higher trim line' models like the GTX, Coronet 500, Satellite and RT got the longer ones. Dave6T4 pulled them off those models. Yours [and mine] Have the shorter, more streamlined and better proportioned ones. :)
Oh, and yes, lotsa stuff is a "Plymouth Thing" , but try not to lord it over those unfortunates that possess mere Dodges - theyre doing the best they can...

66/67 Dodge and Plymouth arm rests are the same.

The only differences are by price class/model and only the length- the stitch pattern is the same.
IIRC ash tray was optional on pass side front, or possibly per model.

The ones posted in #20 are 68 and up.

Original 9" arm rests in my 67 Belvedere II
20220804_125726.jpg

Original 13" arm rest in my 67 Satellite - these are correct for Satellite, GTX, Coronet 500 & R/T.
20220804_125851.jpg

I also have 3 of the 4 arm rests from a 67 Belvedere II I parted out many years ago - my guess is driver's arm rest wasn't worth saving at the time. Interestingly, the front arm rest appears to be same as the rear without the ashtray.
20220804_125921.jpg

Very interesting I have never seen the 68 style as OEM in ANY 67.

Perhaps we've found a mid-year or plant issue.

I can get the SPD from my 67 Bell II parts car but the wagon has no fender tag.

My Belvedere has an SPD of 418 and Satellite is123 and 1/25/67 on the Certicard (built and sold in STL, ordered car)

My '67 R/T has SPD B11. St. Louis build, sold car. Sold new 12-21-66 in N.C. Nice Christmas present for somebody.

I think this is going to be a good research project.

but

The OP clearly has the ... let's call them 66 and "early" 67 arm rests... for now.

Of course it's up to him to decide which style we wants to replace them with.

I thought it might have been a High Line versus Low Line thing until I saw post # 26. '67 Belvie II with square arm rests; post # 1 & 8 '67 Belvie II with rounded arm rests. I have quite a collection of literature on each of Dodge/Plymouth B-bodies. This is combination of original drive tests, magazine feature cars, etc. Although none of these articles zero in on the arm rests, they can be seen and identified on some of the interior shots. The rounded design shows up on some of the '66 articles, but none of the '67 ones. The arm rests that can be seen in the '67 articles are consistently of the square design.

Those tests and articles are usually done on early cars.....

I thought it might have been a High Line versus Low Line thing until I saw post # 26. '67 Belvie II with square arm rests; post # 1 & 8 '67 Belvie II with rounded arm rests. I have quite a collection of literature on each of Dodge/Plymouth B-bodies. This is combination of original drive tests, magazine feature cars, etc. Although none of these articles zero in on the arm rests, they can be seen and identified on some of the interior shots. The rounded design shows up on some of the '66 articles, but none of the '67 ones. The arm rests that can be seen in the '67 articles are consistently of the square design.
well, post 8 is my car; its build date is Oct 66.... [in St Louis]
Hmmmm....

A possible mid year change would make sense. Here is my certicard and vin tag. I don't know how to decipher the "SPD". I would love to know more about that. Thanks.20220805_063400.jpg20220805_063425.jpg

1024 on Certicard and A24 on VIN tag is October 24, 1966.

A possible mid year change would make sense. Here is my certicard and vin tag. I don't know how to decipher the "SPD". I would love to know more about that. Thanks.View attachment 1324051
Your car's Scheduled Production Date (SPD) Is A24 per the fender tag (bottom row 2nd set of numbers from the right followed by the sequence number - 02235). A24 is Oct 24, 1966 in this case.

Here are the rear arm rests and bases I have. $60.00 plus shipping from Ontario. I also have a lone Passenger side 13" arm rest with no base. Some passenger side long arm rests had an ash tray in them. This would be a good piece to eliminate an unwanted ash tray. $25 plus shipping from Ontario. These pieces are all in very nice used condition. PM me if interested.

View attachment 1323264

View attachment 1323265

View attachment 1323266

View attachment 1323267

View attachment 1323268

View attachment 1323269

View attachment 1323270
Ever had problem with the huge screws not wanting to anchor? Ran into this today. Dropped one down into neverland, cant seem to locate where they anchor on rear screws.
I might like have these!!!
Thanks!

After a year of searching I finally located a matching driver's arm rest. I purchased it from a guy on here. He had it labeled as a rear arm rest, but apparently it is the same as the front. I'm very glad to have this behind me. It's the little things...

20230117_205144.jpg

Rears usually have built in ash trays.

Auto Transport Service
Back