• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Arrow head hunting ?

1967coronet

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:25 AM
Reaction score
I have been watching a few Utube shows of guys hunting Indian artifacts.
Its a part time hobby for me and my wife. Good exercise also.
These guys on utube seem to find them every third step.lol
Most days I find zero.
Then at times a find one or two.
Plowed fields near rivers and rocky sand bars for me.
No till farming has made it more of a challenge.
Just wondered how many other members go hunting for them?
20220426_195436.jpg
20220426_195523.jpg

Don’t do that in Florida or they will bust your ***.
I think it’s stupid as if when I walk on a beach and find one I should be able to keep it but not according to FWC as it is “State” property.

My grandma had a big collectioin of arrow heads and other indian stone tools she'd found long ago. After she passed my grandpa had them until he was around 90. My uncle who was his caretaker came home one day and they were all missing. He asked my grandpa what happened and he said those were just a bunch of rocks and he didn't know what the were doing in the house so he thew them in the river.

My grandma had a big collectioin of arrow heads and other indian stone tools she'd found long ago. After she passed my grandpa had them until he was around 90. My uncle who was his caretaker came home one day and they were all missing. He asked my grandpa what happened and he said those were just a bunch of rocks and he didn't know what the were doing in the house so he thew them in the river.
Thats to bad, sorry to hear that .
I bet she spent years collecting them.

Don’t do that in Florida or they will bust your ***.
I think it’s stupid as if when I walk on a beach and find one I should be able to keep it but not according to FWC as it is “State” property.
I pretty sure we have some rules in or state parks ect.
I know here in Iowa the native American burial sights are protected as they should be.

I tilled gardens and a young gal asked if I could till in pea gravel. Seems an elderly lady put pea gravel on her lawn so she wouldn't slip and fall. The new owner wanted grass. So, I'm tilling and hit a rock. I look at it and it is a small sheep's head. A fossil. I had found fossils in that area when I was a kid, so it didn't shock me, though the only fossils I found were ferns and fish.
I give the rock, at least a 50 bucker, to the new owner and she says: "The previous owner's husband was a rock hound in the Badlands since back in the forties". "There was a shed full of these things, we hauled them to the dump".

I have a nice collection. I did not find them my father in law did. I will post a picture of the case and some of the tools that were found too.

All of the ones in this shadow box were collected in the Flint River area in and around Albany, Georgia.

Beepbeep. The picture did not load for me.
I have not taken the picture yet. I will post it today when I take it. They are in my shed it was late and didn't feel like going out there. It’s very dusty but here is a picture of the collection. I will have to clean up the tool portion of the case because the dust is super thick. Been out in the shed for 3 years.

EDF9C7D8-1BFB-496D-897C-A1D275CC5865.jpeg

Last edited:
A friend has some land on the edge of the Black Hills. There are caves that have hieroglyphics painted on the walls. Nobody knows about them as he doesn't want the Government coming in and telling him what to do. He said I can dig in or around them if I want. I suppose I will someday. My preferred treasure hunting wants are finding Gold specimens with a metal detector or fossil hunting in the Badlands.

When I was a youngster in the early 60’s, we lived in a wooded area and a few hundred acres of hilly open land abutted our backyard. Had a blast playing there for the two years we lived there. Found an arrowhead that prompted me to do more hunting for them. Found a dozen or so and no idea what happened to them. My mother would occasionally get a bug to throw stuff out if it was not put away after a few warnings. She tossed my old collection of comic books as I wasn’t the best at putting stuff away. Fond memories of that beautiful land making you feel like there was nothing for miles around (well kind a was depending on the direction). It's a huge subdivision today with million dollar homes on it.

I have not taken the picture yet. I will post it today when I take it. They are in my shed it was late and didn't feel like going out there. It’s very dusty but here is a picture of the collection. I will have to clean up the tool portion of the case because the dust is super thick. Been out in the shed for 3 years.

View attachment 1276581
I was raised in SW Ga near Albany (Dawson). As a kid I walked many fields in the winter hunting arrowheads. I only kept the perfect ones and I notice looking at your pic I had many of the exact same shape/color!!!! I still have the 12-15 or so perfect ones. I guy told I should have kept them all! My honey holes were pretty close to a decent creek. There were " indian mounds" scattered all around too. I am still fascinated by it.
When I lived in Missouri a local arrowhead hunter said to look near a creek with a hill to block off the cold N or W winds. I bet he was right!

I was raised in SW Ga near Albany (Dawson). As a kid I walked many fields in the winter hunting arrowheads. I only kept the perfect ones and I notice looking at your pic I had many of the exact same shape/color!!!! I still have the 12-15 or so perfect ones. I guy told I should have kept them all! My honey holes were pretty close to a decent creek. There were " indian mounds" scattered all around too. I am still fascinated by it.
When I lived in Missouri a local arrowhead hunter said to look near a creek with a hill to block off the cold N or W winds. I bet he was right!
My Father inlaw was raised in Sylvester Georgia. My wife told me that's where he lived and I suppose they all came from that area. He gave them to my kid as a gift. With my dogs I was afraid to leave them in the house so I moved them out to the shed. But there are a few tools in the top portion that I need to clean up and I will post those pictures when I get them out.

View attachment 1276581
That is great ! Plus alot of miles walking. Thanks for posting those :thumbsup:

View attachment 1276581
Damn Beep,, that is pretty impressive!

My Father inlaw was raised in Sylvester Georgia. My wife told me that's where he lived and I suppose they all came from that area. He gave them to my kid as a gift. With my dogs I was afraid to leave them in the house so I moved them out to the shed. But there are a few tools in the top portion that I need to clean up and I will post those pictures when I get them out.
I could see framing those for display. My wife is a lover of sea shells she’s collected and have some of those hung around the house. Off the mark here with arrowheads; but about framing stuff…my grandmother (and her mother) made tons of doilies, blankets, and such we inherited and decided to make a display for hanging. a few. Some of these are over 100 years old and it’s nice to put a few on display rather than stuffed in the closet...a change it up from only pictures.

IMG_20160910_150249_296.jpg

I could see framing those for display. My wife is a lover of sea shells she’s collected and have some of those hung around the house. Off the mark here with arrowheads; but about framing stuff…my grandmother (and her mother) made tons of doilies, blankets, and such we inherited and decided to make a display for hanging. a few. Some of these are over 100 years old and it’s nice to put a few on display rather than stuffed in the closet...a change it up from only pictures.

View attachment 1276731
They are in a wood and glass case in that arrangement. My father inlaw hot glued them to the back board so they would not get damaged from other glues. I will take a better picture of the setup when I clean it up. I'll bring it back into the house.

I thought this was going to be a thread about street racing Pontiac's.

Auto Transport Service
Back