• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

auction update on 66 Hemi Coronet

Someone did well considering most are asking a third less for 383 cars that have more uncertain issues

Here's another one I ran across online, in the 30's, seems low, I know nothing about it

View attachment 828354
If it's real it's low because in '67 it had to be a GTX to get a Hemi in a Plymouth. A couple of Belvederes slipped through, though, so it would be a rare car if legit. I'm guessing it isn't an original Hemi car.

66 Hemi cars have always been the lowest price Hemi cars available. I'm not saying anything negative against them, rather I'm just stating fact.

66 Hemi cars have always been the lowest price Hemi cars available. I'm not saying anything negative against them, rather I'm just stating fact.
Also '66 is the highest production year for the street Hemi. Might have been the highest option price that year, too. I know at least some of the later years were under $900. for it. In '66 it cost $907.60 to add it to the car.

completely agree,i was offered one by a fella who had owned his since almost new.
the car was faded bad tho,it wasnt in pristine condition at all and he wanted 10 grand for it..
i declined...lol @ myself...

So I guess a question would be then. If a 66 Charger or Coronet came up for sale fully restored eg: with either a original Hemi or a New Hemi (persay a clone) in it would it make the same money? I do see a few up here in the 60 plus to 80s for sale.

Or a 318 Challenger converted to a A Hemi engine with suspension upgrades. Shouldnt they be priced as?

The 66/67 Hemi Chargers probably get more money than 66 Hemi h/t's. MO. 66 Hemi convertibles have been all over the map on price. MO.

The 66/67 Hemi Chargers probably get more money than 66 Hemi h/t's. MO. 66 Hemi convertibles have been all over the map on price. MO.

I dunno Fran. The 66-67 Chargers were very a homely car while the 66 & especially the 67 Coronet (R/T) were far better looking cars.

I dunno Fran. The 66-67 Chargers were very a homely car while the 66 & especially the 67 Coronet (R/T) were far better looking cars.
Yea, guess Chargers are a like them or not so much. I agree 67 R/T and 67 GTX's are better because they have performance badging. The 66's have no pop to there name except Chargers.

completely agree,i was offered one by a fella who had owned his since almost new.
the car was faded bad tho,it wasnt in pristine condition at all and he wanted 10 grand for it..
i declined...lol @ myself...
How long ago was this?? It would be hard to resist a decent hemi car for 10,000, for me at least

How long ago was this?? It would be hard to resist a decent hemi car for 10,000, for me at least
that was back when we could buy a charger for less than a thousand bucks running..
i bought a 68 charger with a rebuilt 360 for 600 bucks back then.
beautiful car,arrow straight body too.

guestimate in the late 80s,maybe 1989?
i do recall he insisted the 66 car was worth 25k at the time,and i wasnt agreeing.
it was your basic white car,with the big motor.

i also passed on a dirt cheap 66 hemi charger,for 800 bucks.
because it was green and the family was insisting on keeping the hemi air cleaner.
the green wasnt my fav color and i wasnt gonna go find another air cleaner,esp back Then.
try to keep in mind,most of our experiences was with 440-s and down,
and we had heard many horror stories of trying to keep the hemis in tune.
we tried to stay away from the elephants,sadly.

i also found one of the original stunt cars from the dukes of hazzard show,
down in spring lake nc,while i was still in the army.
that particular car has never been explained as to how it got to nc from georgia.
it was not a driver,but a stunt car that was still rebuildable/barely any interior no dash at all and a basic wiring rig to keep the car running.
even had the general wheels on it too,with a couple of flat spots.

still kick myself for all those wasted opportunities but then again,who Knew?
so many cars,so many mopars..Sanford NC used to be my home,bitd.

Don't know about "ugly", everyone is entitled to their opinion, however, everywhere I go , people actually stop me to say "Hey, beautiful car!"

Haters are usually more vocal, surprisingly, haven't run into one yet

IMG_20190906_143208006.jpg

Don't know about "ugly", everyone is entitled to their opinion, however, everywhere I go , people actually stop me to say "Hey, beautiful car!"

Haters are usually more vocal, surprisingly, haven't run into one yet

View attachment 830357

I have one and like it But these do have there quirks. Sometimes more than I want to deal with. And mine is a original car.

I have one and like it But these do have there quirks. Sometimes more than I want to deal with. And mine is a original car.
Headlights and EL lighting I assume?

You definitely have to DIY alot of stuff otherwise way too expensive. I've delt with Topher on headlight motors and he's been awesome

Auto Transport Service
Back