• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Axle Dolly and Auto Body Dolly

QOTHL

Local time
11:03 PM
Reaction score
Built them both and finally got to use them.

DSC_1104.jpg
DSC_1106.jpg

I made the cradle arms using 2 1/2" flat bar and cut it like French green beans and welded it as shown. Not pretty but this saved a lot of plate.
DSC_1108.jpg
I also used plate wheels instead of post because I think post wheels suck.
DSC_1111.jpg
DSC_1114.jpg
DSC_1117.jpg
DSC_1135.jpg
DSC_1134.jpg

Last edited:
This is how I build my body cart kits. The smaller size of the parts reduces shipping costs.

I like the rear end dolly!

IMG_1486.JPG thumbnail_image1.jpg IMG_2327.JPG

This is how I build my body cart kits. The smaller size of the parts reduces shipping costs.

I like the rear end dolly!

View attachment 1050671 View attachment 1050673 View attachment 1050676

That looks really nice - I need the height to work underneath. I also want welds all around and the big wheels. Maybe you can't see how it's made but that will break down about as small as yours. I posted photos of the construction on another thread a while ago and am not sure where that is!

Good job. Beat's putting up on the bench and taking it down and up. LOL.

I need the height to work underneath.

I build mine for the purpose of moving the body or whatever around the shop, they're not intended for working underneath. Go and lift the front or back of your car and you'll see how easily that thing could tip. Since I'm selling these I have to keep safety in mind.

I build mine for the purpose of moving the body or whatever around the shop, they're not intended for working underneath. Go and lift the front or back of your car and you'll see how easily that thing could tip. Since I'm selling these I have to keep safety in mind.

Yeah, I'm aware of that and when the time comes I have a modification inspired by another FBBO member that I can add. Since I can weld, I can modify anything if necessary.
This is a design based on professional models. I prefer having extensions on either side rather than in the center. The wheels I bought are better than the ones on the models I"ve seen. I also consulted an experienced restorer and he says the height will make things a lot easier.

Auto Transport Service
Back