• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

axle problem

If you need to remove sure-grip measure backlash and take picture of ring gear pattern before removing S-G. If you lock down yoke and push axle in while SLOWLY turning the axle they should go in if that's the problem. I did it by my self but I only had one axle to do.
I'd push in the axle your turning. Once you get the first in the side gears will turn the other side gear. If you have 2 helpers push on both axles while your turning the axle. The clutches aren't your problem if you only need to go in 1/4".

You could do what I said in last post without taking 3rd member out. Don't try it on jack stands. If you do one at a time push axle in that your turning. Once you have that first axle in that will turn the side gear on the other axle. That way you only need to turn one axle.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back