• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B body 4-speed console wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al Zangenberg

Local time
2:48 AM
Reaction score
Hi Gang,
I need a complete 4-speed console for my 1965 Satellite, 2-dr H.T. IIRC, 1964, & 1965 Dodge, & Plymouth "B-Body" consoles are the same. The 1965 "C-BODY" Sport Fury console looks to be the same, but I'm not certain. As most of you know, the four speed console has the fiberglass "hump" addition (for shifter, & linkage), on the driver's side. This was carpeted from the factory of course.

Also, the chrome & decorative cover plate, has the rectangular cut-out in the upper left corner. Original Hurst Shifter came through this opening, & rubber boot was located here. I have had 4 '65 Satellites, but have never removed the console on any of them. Do they have special bracket's that are needed, in order to mount on floorpan? Or, does the console have them built-in? I don't feel any stamped-steel bracketry - attached to the floorpan, under the existing carpeting...

I may be able to use an automatic console, & cut-out the automatic chrome shift quadrant...perhaps - for an aftermarket shifter. Although I don't think so. Car now has shifter mounted on floor, as someone removed the console, & original shifter/linkage.

I'm thinking that an OEM '64/'65 B-Body console for a cable shifted Torqueflite might work, if the console was cut out on the side, & a fiberglass cover (or an aluminum piece), was fabricated for the 4-speed shifter.

Thanks all for your time, & consideration.

Regards,
Al Zangenberg

Last edited:
4-Spd Satellite Console

There are, indeed, stamped steel mounts for the console--they're the same mounts for both automatic and 4-speed. If the console has been removed from your car for an aftermarket shifter and the tunnel hump is smooth, the mounting brackets have been cut off. The automatic and 4-speed consoles are the same, except for the 4-speed bulge which is an added fixture to the automatic console. Turn the automatic console over and you'll see where the side plate is removable and the bulge portion mounts. Legendary sells the carpet kits for both consoles. I've seen reproductions of the bulge and I think you might even find one on eBay. The hardest portion to obtain is the chrome console top plate. The automatic plate has a removable portion to allow you to use it with a 4-speed, but still has the hole for the automatic shifter. Good luck!

ilm65,
I appreciate your input, & information on the consoles! Hopefully I can locate either an auto, or 4-speed console, in good condition, for a reasonable price. I keep seeing 4-spd. console on that "online auction site", & price is $700.00 + S&H!!! (Whew!)

I have found 5 wheel opening molding's (2 fronts, & 3 rears), for a '65 Satellite, & they are scarce. I'm "beating-the-bushes"...& hopefully I will be successful in my quest... One can only imagine (not to mention groan), how many '64 Sport Fury/Dodge Polara 500's, & '65 Dodge Polara & Satellite consoles went to the crusher - along with some decent "B" bodies as well...
Thanks for taking the time to clarify a few question's that I had.
Regards,
AL Z.

Last edited:
Not sure if you still need one but, I have a 4 speed original console with a tach no sending unit though in outstanding condition. I am going to post it on ebay auction. Lenny

4 Speed consule

Lenny:

Better late than never so do you still have this consule and will it fit a 1965 Satelite. Thanks,Dennis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back