• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

b-body buyers giude

noe

Local time
11:12 AM
Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking to buy a standard 383 727 '67 Satellite. These cars are uni-body right, so no frame. I guess I'll be looking for rust being it's in Nova Scotia. Any other advise?

TIA

Hi, I'm looking to buy a standard 383 727 '67 Satellite. These cars are uni-body right, so no frame. I guess I'll be looking for rust being it's in Nova Scotia. Any other advise?

TIA

it has a frame, it's the unibody. Is it a satellite or sport satellite? 67 sat's and sport sat's (sport sats trim) share the same body parts as 67 GTX's so if it has all trim and most or all is in good shape that's a great start to save you cash, or you can look at it this way ... if it's cheap enough you can't lose if it't got great doors, trunk lid, hood, glass, buckets, trim etc.

post some pictures and details, options, condition, complete car?, driver or roller, etc for more advice and comments

67 GTX cov would know much more - http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/showthread.php?47922-67-gtx-resto

In order of most likely places to rust for 66/67 B body-

rear quarter behind wheel - patch available
above rear wheel - patch newly available (outer wheel house NOT available, full quarter NOT available)
floor boards - available
C pillar to quarter seam - NOT available
tops of quarters and doors
front frame horn between shock towers and firewall
front frame at floorboard seam
transmission mount crossmember
rear frame between shakle and bumper

Check cowl for stress cracks and repair (nearly always comes back)

Yep, looks nice in the pics, but paint might be a bit thick.

Vinyl roofs trap/and or hide rust in the roof.

Check those areas I mentioned REAL close.

7K is not terrible if it's solid.

318?

Yep, looks nice in the pics, but paint might be a bit thick.

Vinyl roofs trap/and or hide rust in the roof.

Check those areas I mentioned REAL close.

7K is not terrible if it's solid.

318?

The add says it's a 383

VIN guide for 67 plymouth Satellite-

RP23F - 318

RP23G - 383 2 barrel

RP23H - 383 4 barrel

Auto Transport Service
Back