• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B Body frame table

XXXGTX

Local time
10:32 PM
Reaction score
Hey all!
I’m looking to fabricate a frame table for my 68 GTX, is there any plans or measurements on this item. I searched and didn’t find anything but I have some good ideas. If anyone wants to chime in please feel free
Thanks all!

Here is what I found in the past.

IMG_1276.png

IMG_1274.png

IMG_1275.png

My body guy built a jig out of steel tubing that clamps the body at the pinch welds so my car wasn't tying up the shop frame rack when he did the panel replacements on my GTX. He hung the targets and used a Chief EZ Liner. Are you looking to build something like that?

That is sweet! Looks like all the work ( measurements)has been done very nice
My body guy built a jig out of steel tubing that clamps the body at the pinch welds so my car wasn't tying up the shop frame rack when he did the panel replacements on my GTX. He hung the targets and used a Chief EZ Liner. Are you looking to build something like that?
yes, I’m restoring a 1968 GTX. Doing ALL the rear sheet metal, interior floors are good with new fenders. I currently have it on a 2 post hoist. Do you think that will be fine OR do I build the table? Thanks again

We got a little carried away on mine and replaced the back half, rear frame rails and the front floor since it had a big hole hacked in it for a four speed. A jig will be more accurate than using a lift.

We got a little carried away on mine and replaced the back half, rear frame rails and the front floor since it had a big hole hacked in it for a four speed. A jig will be more accurate than using a lift.
Ya, I think we’re going to build the jig. We have a couple other 68-70 b bodies we may do later so, what the hell

Auto Transport Service
Back