• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B body mini tub back seat mods?

tvtn

Local time
8:13 AM
Reaction score
I mini tubed my 69 RR, and wondered what mods were needed to fit the rear seats???

I haven't done a B body but did a 3" tub on a 70 Cuda. Had to cut, trim, reshape the outer sides of both the top and bottom frames. Then had to modify the covers to fit. Can't believe I don't have better pics. It came out real good and can't tell its been tubbed.
Now have to do the same for my Dart that been mini-tubbed also.

20170729_121353.jpg

I had to reshape the lower corners on my seats as well on my Charger. It was pretty easy.

I have about 2 1/2" mini tub and only need to move the seat mount and modify one seat back frame/wire to fit. All stock seat covers.
Thanks
Pat

If I’m not mistaken I believe the US car tool mini tub kit requires no modification, give them a call

If I’m not mistaken I believe the US car tool mini tub kit requires no modification, give them a call
Corner of bottom seat needs to be reshaped (Wireframe clipped back and welded) I just did one on my 66 B

On my A body I had to swap sides of the lower corners. Not a big deal to do.

Auto Transport Service
Back