• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B5 Blue headliner and components on 73 Charger SE help

400sforever

Local time
8:09 PM
Reaction score
I'm putting a new headliner in my 73 charger SE. Its a factory B5 blue car inside and out. Who the heck makes a correct headliner in the correct grain and color. I see Non-perforated, I see perforated, I see pembrook (supposedly only up to 1972). Then i see medium blue, dark, blue, and bright blue for colors. I dont think a factory correct one is out there. Am i wrong? Also what paint/dye has anyone that is extremely fussy used to restore their faded b5 blue plastic interior panels? From the looks of my car, the soft upper door panels are bright blue while the lower door panel plastic is more of a darker blue from the factory.

Here are pictures of my original along with what I bought to replace it years ago. The color of the replacement is bright blue but my original appears to be more dark blue. .what has anyone else done for a headliner in a b5 blue interior car?

40CF40A8-FCB3-4038-900F-29436081F976.jpeg

A2C231FE-9558-40A5-A981-44F17A484138.jpeg

196F235B-51B4-4894-B337-215E8CBFDCEB.jpeg

I used SEM to do my black panels, and it's held up well. I believe my headliner (also black) was from REM.

It's likely all of your interior pieces have changed in color after 50 years. I wouldn't use them as a guide.

That looks like the same material that was in my 73 RR, its called Yorkshire Cloth. The only place I could find it was SMS Auto Fabrics I think they are our of Oregon. Lots of bad reviews for being slow and mine took forever to get, 6 months I think, but I was in the middle of the build so I did not care. Also very expensive but I wanted original. Here is a pic of the original material when I was dis-mantling the car. I had to keep working on getting the wrinkles out, eventually I won.

20181023_181213.jpg

20210422_170311.jpg

I'm putting a new headliner in my 73 charger SE. Its a factory B5 blue car inside and out. Who the heck makes a correct headliner in the correct grain and color. I see Non-perforated, I see perforated, I see pembrook (supposedly only up to 1972). Then i see medium blue, dark, blue, and bright blue for colors. I dont think a factory correct one is out there. Am i wrong? Also what paint/dye has anyone that is extremely fussy used to restore their faded b5 blue plastic interior panels? From the looks of my car, the soft upper door panels are bright blue while the lower door panel plastic is more of a darker blue from the factory.
My 72 Plymouth had a B5 interior that I'm restoring back to original. The P.O. had everything in white including the Dash! I ordered the perforated medium blue headliner from yearone and am very pleased with it. Yes it's lighter than the medium blue door panels, but I like the contrast. The medium blue carpet is lighter than the door panels as well.

20230405_123928.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back