• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B5 blue headliner in 73 charger SE help

400sforever

Local time
4:30 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone found a correct reproduction for the original style headliners in a 73 charger SE with B5 blue interior? Legendary has some new pembrook grain headliner available but they say that is correct for 69-72 cars according to them. Thats BS anyhow because my original 71-72 mopars have factory perforated headliners in them.

Here are pictures of my original and the one I bought years ago that I thought of putting in it

4D1A222F-7079-42E0-95D9-A238765C56BF.jpeg

6439BD39-46CC-4C44-B55F-12D5C84C30A8.jpeg

957D16DF-63D9-488F-B6DC-FCD6660FB101.jpeg

The color of the new headliner is supposedly bright blue. The old headliner appears more dark blue. What have any of you used that have restored a b5 blue interior car

Last edited:
@400sforever

Do you know what the "grain" or design of the blue one is called?

I believe my 73 has that but in green.

Seems like all anyone ever talks about are the perforated ones.

The newer one I bought years ago I think was called a diamond pattern. .maybe it’s what they refer to as a tier grain. .im not sure what my original grain would be called from my old piece

I had that same headliner material in my 74 Charger Rallye. I ended up putting a perforated headliner in it for about 1/3 the cost of having one made. I sent a sample piece of my original headliner to SMS Auto Fabrics and the said they could make me a headliner for about $400 about 7 years ago. The material I had originallywas available and used in many C-bodies. I'll include a photo of the original headliner material my B5 Charger used. Here's a link to SMS .
Headliners
Terry W.

Headliner Cloth Sample.jpg

I called sms and you may be on to something! Thanks a lot. I will be tickled to death if they have the original material! I’m waiting on a sample! No one else is making correct headliners for these cars yet!

I called sms and you may be on to something! Thanks a lot. I will be tickled to death if they have the original material! I’m waiting on a sample! No one else is making correct headliners for these cars yet!
True. I hope it works out for you. I just couldn't justify the cost at the time and I've been hoping a company like Legendary would eventually make them in the cloth material.
Terry W.

Auto Transport Service
Back