• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

back firing threw the intake only on accretion

jasper

Local time
9:57 PM
Reaction score
back firing threw the intake only on accretion

Diagnostic Steps Performed/Parts Replaced
run compression test the results are
#1 85
#2 70
#3 85
#5 85
#6 90
#7 85
#8 70

I have in stalled a TBI kit

Details of Question
I am not a MOPAR person know very little about them I am thinking it is out of time but there is a few things I am not sure of one it has a over size cam the size is unknown it was bought ten years ago the box is long gone it dose has stock springs and lifters, rockers are . on a rail can not adjust them it dose idle ok the motor is a 383 big block can you use stock rocker with a over size cam

that is not much compression you should check cam timing and degree in that cam once you find out what it is.
or get a cam you know the specs.

thanks for the replay can use stock rockers with a over size cam. All I know about the cam it was call a stepping high cam I took on this job to install a TBI kit and a new wiring harness from painless

I agree with Rodney compression is way low should be at least 125. I would pull timing cover and check cam timing at min set at 0 and check compression again. Degreeing cam would be most desirable way to go. Personally would not go over 500 lift with stock valve train.

Auto Transport Service
Back