• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Back in the Mopar fold

vsandhurst

Local time
6:38 AM
Reaction score
Back when I was 16, I purchased a B5 blue 1969 GTX as my first car from a salvage place and it had already been used hard. I worked on it for a couple years and of course drove the wheels off of it. After I blew up the engine, and having put a few dents in it along the way, I traded it for a 68 Charger that I ended up only keeping for about 6 months after graduating high school as I then needed to have more economical transportation for tech school and life in general. After not being being a muscle car owner for most of my life, I started looking for another car about 10 years ago. I had pretty much narrowed my focus to 69 GTX's and ones that were equipped like my original one. I found a few "builders" that needed so much work that they would probably never get done. I finally found one that met my 2 main parameters - close enough to go look at,, and not way out of my price range. After a month of back and forth, I finally picked up my new ride this past May. I have been enjoying the car - tuning it and driving it and getting things the way I like. I have a list of things I want to work on and will be continuing that process.
More Mopar to you
Verlyn

1969 GTX.jpg 20096953-1969-plymouth-gtx-std.jpg 20096960-1969-plymouth-gtx-std.jpg 20200725_140619.jpg 20200725_141532.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome from Michigan, the Motor City! Nice GTX, Love the color too! 440'

Welcome from Indiana. Glad you found your new/old Plymouth. Enjoy it.

Nice 69 GTX

welcome back to the fold

Welcome from Missouri!! Nice color!!

Thanks everyone. I love the color too. The guy I bought it from didn't have much information on it. He had it in his collection for about 5 years and rarely drove it. It was that color when he bought if from a guy in Nevada. He didn't have any information on that person either. I plan on having a shop here have their paint people try to get the color matched over the winter so I will know what the color actually is. It's obviously not the original color. It started out life as limelight green, and was vitamin C orange at some point. Looks great in this color. Older repaint/restoration but still looks nice. Mostly stock,, just a few changes. Power steering, 6 barrel, and front disc brakes have been added. All nice upgrades.

Welcome! Years ago I had a ‘69 GTX with a 440 / auto - it was blue with white stripes and a white vinyl top.

Verlyn - welcome to FBBO I love your GTX. Really sharp lines on the body
and what a beautiful color. Just starting the makeover on my girl. Enjoy
that awesome ride. Mike in Palm Bay Florida.
:thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back