• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Backyard find loaded up for haul

MoparGuy68

Local time
3:25 AM
Reaction score
How do you get old junky cars that don’t run on a car carrier that has no cable winch? Watch and find out. Coronet R/T almost rolls into the cab. Hemi is loaded last. Save the most valuable car to go on last I guess.. So the other rolling junk piles don’t smash into it.

It reminded me of my junk pile being winched up on a flatbed last month.

As they leave Tucson, to head to wonderful CA, to be prepared for SALE! I wonder if we’ll see them on Craigslist in a couple months for record setting asking prices?! Ha ha.

Great cars but what an asinine way to get them loaded. Pay the monies and get the right haulers with the correct wenches. Those cars fixed up or restored nicely will fetch some big $$$$$. Wish the video would have mentioned as to how much was paid for all 5.

There is some money on that truck for sure. Pretty smart how they got them all loaded. Kind of funny how people get upset about "not using the right equipment" when talking about these cars but if it were all 318 cars they wouldn't give a crap... They got loaded, no one and nothing was hurt or damaged so all good. Not everything requires "special" equipment or the need to spend money to accomplish, use what you have and think it through; god knows I have done much worse throughout my life on a wide variety of activities to include cars and loading aircraft and many things in between.

There is some money on that truck for sure. Pretty smart how they got them all loaded. Kind of funny how people get upset about "not using the right equipment" when talking about these cars but if it were all 318 cars they wouldn't give a crap... They got loaded, no one and nothing was hurt or damaged so all good. Not everything requires "special" equipment or the need to spend money to accomplish, use what you have and think it through; god knows I have done much worse throughout my life on a wide variety of activities to include cars and loading aircraft and many things in between.
I know, I know, but I'm just nervous as hell if that would have been me needing to get them loaded.

they got the job done...

probably the cheapest priced car hauler/carrier they could find too...

an easy job made much harder
but again they got it done

in this case they get what they paid for no doubt...

The Charger 500 looks pretty solid
the KR 500 too

In the end they are just cars, I know we all lust after them because almost everyone of them is rare and thus worth some big money but it is what it is.

I'll take everything but the. Truck and trailer!
I understand the no winch thing most haulers that gave a winch only haul 3 at a time (small guys) usally these bigger guys won't touch non runners but obviously he basically rented whole truck !
I would of had a strap on the car and hooked somewhere that wouldn't let the first car go past a certain point! But that's just me ! You can tell the driver had no clue how to move non opp cars!
That's why I send the same shipping company every time I buy a non opp they know what to do and I don't have to worry!

Wow, nice collection! I would take any of those cars without question.

Amazing; despite the bonehead arrangement for loading those cars, to still find cars like this around. All the bodies look in solid shape for reasonable restoration spending their time in a dry climate. It would a bugged the **** out a me though to let them sit outside for eons to be baked...

About the owner of the muscle car hoard. Apparently the guy was a hoarder in general. Interesting interview with the owner’s friend.

We loaded a tractor on a big flatbed car trailer. We turned the truck sideways, then put chains on and towed it on to the trailer. Went very well.

Glad I didn’t see that hauler......I probably would have chased it to Ca.

71 Hemi Challenger inspection... For those that don't want to wade through the video. Has matching numbers engine & transmission. Some rust holes in trunk and floor pan. What's left of the paint might actually buff back to a shine. Original 15x7 Rallye wheels that date match the car. No broadcast sheet found.

Maybe I should trade my Super Bee plus a ton of cash for this amazing FE5 Bright Red Challenger super project car!! By the time I'm 82 maybe it might be ready to drive. But I'd get to own a real 1971 Hemi car! Hot damn! My car has the R36 radio option, this Hemi car only has the R26 radio option.. No N96 or J81 Gull Wing spoiler either on the Hemi. My car doesn't have a Hemi or 4-speed though..

I wonder if this is currently the worst condition 71 Hemi Challenger in existence? And therefore the least valuable 71 Hemi Challenger in existence at this moment in time. It's so odd usually junkers like this are anything but Hemi or SixPack cars.. The previous owner was really unique, how he had two cars you usually only see at the high end auctions and he just let them sit around and rot in his backyard.

I've seen two of these in person. First was a GB5 Blue, 4-speed with shaker hood and black side stripes. Very nice condition, that was in Maryland in 1986. Second was one of the 12 automatic cars, Red with black vinyl roof and interior, rallye hood with steel wheels. Also in very nice shape. That one was in Scottsdale, at a local car meet in May of 2004. I told my dad, who was with me, I bet this is a clone car. Upon closer inspection, and talking with the owner, it turned out to be the real deal. He had actually just driven the car over to the meet, like it was just some regular old Challenger. Only Hemi E-Body I've ever seen at this car meeting place since.. The owner ended up buying an orange 70 HemiCuda convertible at Barrett-Jackson a couple years later for $2.25 million. At the time I saw the Hemi Challenger, he said he also had two of the 71 HemiCuda convertibles, the white French export car, and a GB5 blue one. He also told me, at that time, most of the HemiCudas were located in Arizona.

This is the most awesome rolling junk pile I think I've seen yet! It is infested with rat ****, and I can only image how it must smell inside.. This one needs to be disinfected, might even have COVID-19 in it too. Numbers matching also. With extra SixPack setups in the nasty trunk. No broadcast sheet in this one.

I've seen so many muscle era cars on Craigslist that look like this, but they've always been mostly worthless junk in comparison to this one. The junkiest and filthiest looking SixPack R/T I've seen in like ever maybe..

This is the most awesome rolling junk pile I think I've seen yet! It is infested with rat ****, and I can only image how it must smell inside.. This one needs to be disinfected, might even have COVID-19 in it too. Numbers matching also. With extra SixPack setups in the nasty trunk. No broadcast sheet in this one.

I've seen so many muscle era cars on Craigslist that look like this, but they've always been mostly worthless junk in comparison to this one. The junkiest and filthiest looking SixPack R/T I've seen in like ever maybe..

Surprisingly it doesn't, and didn't smell inside at all, I'm one of the guys breathing it all in, and the new owner of the Coronet... LOL

Surprisingly it doesn't, and didn't smell inside at all, I'm one of the guys breathing it all in, and the new owner of the Coronet... LOL
Well, well.. So you bought the rat trap Six Pack! You are a brave soul indeed! Please let us know what the original color is of the Ramcharger hoods scoops. Were they white? Black scoops would seems strange on a car with white vinyl roof and stripe. But don't think I recall ever seeing those scoops in white.. Are you going to restore it or just get it drivable?

The Hemi Challenger departs for Northern California. Hopefully it won't burn up in the wild fires there.. Neat to see some of the paperwork, that still exists for the car, at the end of the video. Looks like the guy in Tucson owned it since 1973..

I contacted Carchaeology's Randy Carlson about this car on August 30th. To find out how to submit an offer on it. He told me it had already been sold, for some amount over $100K.
I guess he wasn't going to wait for my $200K offer.. :lol:

Auto Transport Service
Back