• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Balancing blue printed engines are the next gen engine builder advertisement

XEO1-

Local time
5:21 AM
Reaction score
Next gen engine building full advertisement will be pictures and paragraphs of intel from those engine balancers that balance the rods heavy ends with the lower weight ends to pinpoint what wrist pin goes where or what weight needs to be taken from rod to rod:

I believe blue printed engines should demand a premium.

I wish we had enough skill and temperament to afford that trajectory.

Huh? Balancing has been around longer than either one of us. Did you just discover this process?

Very few people would/could afford pay for a truly "blue printed engine" as most people really don't know what it means. Every part is machined/fitted/clearanced to the actual "blueprint" specs. Every thing...perfect. Like a grade 70 coin.
Really only done on high dollar competition engines by people/companies that have the budget do do it.

Something you can do yourself with a good scale. For example, weigh every piston, and then if needed, make every piston weigh the same as the lightest one.

Huh? Balancing has been around longer than either one of us. Did you just discover this process?

Dad was telling me about so I discovered it but no one really gives a tutorial about it when selling a motor.

We are going to try to balance the new eagle crank with six pack rods the best we can..

Dads worried about having to balance the new crank with six pack rods..

So I thought I’d talk about it.

the process can be done by hand and scales I learn from dad and reassure above.
I’ll update when all the parts get here for the 440.

Like what Mopar Leo said it’s fine machine diagnostics of precision engineering where not even cast waste from the rods are left on the rods..

everything billet like smooth to a T and all matches up in weight distribution by advanced technology.

maybe so close to micro fine precision

I believe a great advertisement would be advanced micro shaving of rods, pistons molding even going down to a sells talk of the fabrication process of each rotating assembly part in the engine.

man now I’m thinking about how it’s made tv show about blue printed engines haha.

It's not that difficult w current CNC machines. My machine shop blue printed my last 2 engines. That's the only way he does it, literally every engine he builds is "to spec".

What’s a CNC machine?

that’s why my dad says our motor will be wholesale or cheaper. That’s why it’s best to have a car to go with the engines and especially a engine stand to show it running.

which reminds me a engine stand is vital for us for video photography.

mess up above I meant billet machinery 3 d printing not aluminum cast.

It's not that difficult w current CNC machines. My machine shop blue printed my last 2 engines. That's the only way he does it, literally every engine he builds is "to spec".

Something you can do yourself with a good scale. For example, weigh every piston, and then if needed, make every piston weigh the same as the lightest one.
Weight matching pistons is only a small part of the balancing procedure

I’m sorry but your post’s seldom make any sense to me.

I’m pretty sure your dad won’t be able to balance the crank without the proper equipment.
Google CNC machine for one of your answers.

Balancing isn’t for the ‘rich’ it’s pretty easily attainable and not that expensive.

after you have rods and pistons equal in size and weight the bob weight need to be sized for RPM before you spin the crank

I've been balancing my own pistons and rods for years. The machine shop that balances the crank likes it but he still doesn't give me much of a break but at least I know the pistons and rods are on the money. Also make sure all the pins are the same weight.

I'm just glad that you and your Dad are working together. I love working with my boys.

I'm just glad that you and your Dad are working together. I love working with my boys.

Yea OP these are the best times of your life. Enjoy the time you have working with your Dad, it will end sooner than you want.
Looks like cool projects you guys have goin!

Here’s a picture of a motor that’s been Balanced & Blue Painted.

CDBE9602-C09B-42C8-917F-6A96E96A9931.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back