• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD BARN FIND... without the barn 70 RR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Tallhair,

I think this is a factory Go Wing car. I am 99% positive that the J81 is on the far right of the tag. You are right, high impact, factory a/c and a Go Wing to boot. That has to be rare for a 70 bird!I do not think I have ever seen a factory coded one. I also just noticed what appears to be the J45 hood pin code too next to the J81. That would be super if the guy had the original drive train. Very cool!
well on a positive note it does look very complete and may well have been a pretty straight car from the looks of it. was probably pretty nice when parked. The debris on the cowl is a little worry some as well as the rear window area and bumpt which may indicate some worse things below, but what the hell at least someone finally peeled the vinyl top off LOL. the guy may have a the original motor and trans somewhere. bonus is A/C car.

I've never run across a RR with the lower bright trim and it has a go wing so that's cool as well as EV2 color. don't know if the wing and trim are original but i wish you luck with this one.

Hey Tallhair,

I think this is a factory Go Wing car. I am 99% positive that the J81 is on the far right of the tag. You are right, high impact, factory a/c and a Go Wing to boot. That has to be rare for a 70 bird!I do not think I have ever seen a factory coded one. I also just noticed what appears to be the J45 hood pin code too next to the J81. That would be super if the guy had the original drive train. Very cool!

if you don't already have one here's fender tag decoder here's one

http://www.stockmopar.com/mopar-fender-tag-decoder.php/.

there's probably better ones out there but it's a start. I couldn't read the tag that well or I'd give a shot for you

I think this is a factory Go Wing car. I am 99% positive that the J81 is on the far right of the tag. You are right, high impact, factory a/c and a Go Wing to boot. That has to be rare for a 70 bird!I do not think I have ever seen a factory coded one. I also just noticed what appears to be the J45 hood pin code too next to the J81. That would be super if the guy had the original drive train. Very cool![/QUOTE]

About the 70 Road Runner in Alabama.

I went back by and met the owners neighbor & friend who knew a little about the car. It was bought from an estate a long time ago. It had a non original 440 in it then which he removed to use in another car... never drove it.
I was able to inspect it a little closer and spot checked the floor pans.... found no rust through anywhere, but some surface rust. Still couldn't see the trunk floor but under the rear 1/4's, trunk extensions and frame rails looked solid. Some pictures attached.

Unusual options are factory coded "Go wing", rocker moldings, hood hold down pins and A/C. All this and the orange w/black vinyl top and interior would make a pretty nice restoration project

Asking price is $4500.00 but I got the feeling he would come off it a little if serious.

Hope this helps.

Will.

Attachments

• 70 RR 9 (Large).JPG
    70 RR 9 (Large).JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 605
  • 70 RR 10 (Large).JPG
    70 RR 10 (Large).JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 591
  • 70 RR 11 (Large).jpg
    70 RR 11 (Large).jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 592
  • 70 RR 12 (Large).jpg
    70 RR 12 (Large).jpg
    66 KB · Views: 598
  • 70 RR13 (Large).jpg
    70 RR13 (Large).jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 599
  • 70 RR 14 (Large).jpg
    70 RR 14 (Large).jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 632
If you knocked on the door and no one answered, how did you find out the asking price was $4500?

[SIZE=3][/SIZE]Thats what I was told by the friend who steered me towards the car. He has a body shop and is painting a 66 Dodge pick up for the fellow who owns the RR.
It took me two trys to locate the car.... IT's way back on a dead end country road. There is also a 66 Belvedere II there that looked pretty good.[/
B]

Get the hell outta there if you hear a banjo...

"because I'll fix it some day" To be honest, if people did not have this attitude these cars we love and still find to restore would have been made into Chinese toasters a long time ago. I am glad that people are hanging on to these things instead of crushing them because they have dreams of fixing them some day. I for one have had intensions of one day restoring something that never materialized because life gets in the way, the old saying "$hi7 happens". I have bought a few projects lately that I do intend to restore, but who knows what will happen down the road, but if some one asks , you already know what I will say"I'm going to restore it one day"

Because they are going to "fix em someday"

Actually, this car was bought from the family when the owner died and they could not afford a funeral. There was no intention to "fix" the car, only to pull the non matching 440 and trans to use in another car. After that it just sat in his yard and became invisible to him. He knows it deserves to be restored but dosen't have the interest to do so. It's not being advertised anywhere..... (except here and at FCBO). A friend saw it...asked.... and he said he would sell it, dosen't have to. Thats how I found it. I would buy it for $4500.00 but my project limit has been reached. (hate being car rich and cash poor). The car is a lot better then the pictures show it to be.[/
B]

I think that's a good find....lotta cool options.i would dang sure try to get it if it were closer.

I have a barn find and I am trying to post it on here but I do not have pictures on my computer......I posted it on you tube under the same name barn find without the barn...I hope to post on here soon ...nice find and it is sick how people can kill these cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back