• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Barrett Jackson 2022 Superbird sold for 990,000!!!!

Just a question from the peanut gallery - Can you actually call a car a “survivor” when it’s been completely repainted? Not being critical of this beauty - just wondering….

I have a question for the resident experts.
I noticed on two of the photos showing the underside of the engine there appears to be an O2 sensor bung on the passenger side exhaust.
Am I interpreting that correctly or is it something else and if so, what?
I didn't realize they had O2 sensors in 1970.
Thanks in advance for any info.

Hemi choke heat tube comes off the bottom of the passenger exhaust manifold. Is that what you see?

No offense to anyone that has a column auto... but when I bought my Mopar muscle cars back in the 80’s... I wouldn’t even bother to go look at one equipped that way.

Last edited:
Hemi choke heat tube comes off the bottom of the passenger exhaust manifold. Is that what you see?
Yes
Didn't know what that it was. Just looked like a O2 sensor to me.
More Hemi knowledge for me to store
Thanks for the correction.

See how the numbers are white & yellowed....hard to fake that. This car has sat in storage for a long time.

And it has recently being road used.....the odometer has just ticked over to three clean digits.

252077_Misc_a1185324-ec5d-4986-bf90-735bb9c6c3fc_Web.jpg

I would however like to know if those are scratches on the face - or just some clumsily laid fluid that has not been wiped off properly.

Odd how the Tacho blanking plate is still white, while the odometer is yellowed.... :rolleyes:

252077_Interior_Web.jpg

The tachometer blank plates and the clocks do not go yellow like the gauges do.

The speedo yellows from the heat off the high beam, dash lights and mainly the heat from the VR that is mounted on the gauge circuit board right beside the speedo. Mine...
rallyedash.jpg

Last edited:
No offense to anyone that has a column auto... but when I bought my Mopar muscle cars back in the 80’s... I wouldn’t even bother to go look at one equipped that way.
I bought two equipped that way, but in the end didn't keep either because of that shifter. Loved the cars otherwise, but looking at that thing was finally more than I could take.

Just a question from the peanut gallery - Can you actually call a car a “survivor” when it’s been completely repainted? Not being critical of this beauty - just wondering….
I agree... sorry, that car is NOT a "survivor"... would love to see pix of the restoration, everything was gutted to do the paint job, including the "undercoating"

My clock is very white and speedo looks like a heavy smoker drove the car for the last 50+ years. I know my junk has not been restored.

I agree... sorry, that car is NOT a "survivor"... would love to see pix of the restoration, everything was gutted to do the paint job, including the "undercoating"
Yeah kind of what I thought. Sounds great to say - but not true. I doubt that had much if anything to do with the $1m price tag - but if continued people will pick that statement apart. I would drop that word from future descriptions.

Auto Transport Service
Back