• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Barrett Jackson Experience?

LowBikeMike

Local time
8:51 AM
Reaction score
Hi All,

Thinking of going to the Scottsdale auction in January. Slightly interested in the auction but thinking about it more as a huge car show. Looks like it goes on for a week or more. Does anyone know if ALL the cars are there from the first day and can you view all of them or do they bring them in daily? Wondering about your general experience attending. Again, I don't have a lot of interest in the auction, its all the other stuff. Most likely my trip would be the first weekend of the event.

I have gone to the Palm Beach BJ auction, primarily just to walk around and see the cars, etc. Had a good time. We went on the last day. I don't know when the cars show up or leave pre/post auction.

I’ve been to a BJ auction. Not all cars there on day one but lots to see. I plan on Mecum in Kissimmee just to see the cars and nose around. Check the docket of cars on the website. I did that for Mecum and looks like lots of Mopars. $10 off admission if purchased in advance so do some research.

I can't afford any vehicles they have for auction but would still love to go. I would take tickets to Barret Jackson before a Super Bowl.

I've lived here in Scottsdale for 35 years and attended 4 or 5 BJ events early on. Haven't been to one in over 20 years. They are scheduled, this year, from Sunday 21st until Sunday 29th. There is usually another car auction that takes place during the same time as BJ and located just a few miles away. Don't recall the name, but it's not Mecum. January starts our winter invasion from the north. Not only BJ, but we have a PGA golf tournament and The Super Bowl coming up in Feb. Spring training for MLB starts in Feb. and 15 teams come to this greater Phoenix area and their fans. From early Jan. until April 1st. we locals have to shelter in place and not wander too very far from our homes. We do not go to restaurants, malls or movie theaters because they are packed. Traffic and parking is ridiculous. Scottsdale is also a winter golf haven for those who can't wait for spring to come.
You are very welcome to Scottsdale/Phoenix during this time, however, don't say I didn't warn You.

I've lived here in Scottsdale for 35 years and attended 4 or 5 BJ events early on. Haven't been to one in over 20 years. They are scheduled, this year, from Sunday 21st until Sunday 29th. There is usually another car auction that takes place during the same time as BJ and located just a few miles away. Don't recall the name, but it's not Mecum. January starts our winter invasion from the north. Not only BJ, but we have a PGA golf tournament and The Super Bowl coming up in Feb. Spring training for MLB starts in Feb. and 15 teams come to this greater Phoenix area and their fans. From early Jan. until April 1st. we locals have to shelter in place and not wander too very far from our homes. We do not go to restaurants, malls or movie theaters because they are packed. Traffic and parking is ridiculous. Scottsdale is also a winter golf haven for those who can't wait for spring to come.
You are very welcome to Scottsdale/Phoenix during this time, however, don't say I didn't warn You.
I travel for work regularly to the Phoenix area in January, just have never been able to put a visit to the auction together in the same trip. Appreciate the warning. Thanks

Every "car guy" should go to Barrett Jackson at least once if they get the chance. Great car show and much more. Yes it's a mob scene but if you go on Wednesday or Thursday earlier in the day it's not too bad. There is automotive accessories, fine art, collectables and more to see in addition to the cars.

So does BJ charge a “sellers” fee along with a “buyers” fee?

Auction watchers: I’m still hounding for a 2023 300C. Thought maybe one would pop up like the Demons did. Appreciate any leads. It is way early, maybe mid Spring.

Sellers and buyers need to stop that!!

I was at BJ last year. We went for the first 4 days. We did not see much in the way of auction action but most of the cars were on display. We made a long weekend out of it. We did a tour of frank lloyd wright Taliesen studio. Very interesting.

1E54E1B6-45E2-4F5D-B52E-F7419688FBA9.jpeg

5AC924AC-5C18-45E4-8E22-EEEB369051B6.jpeg

EF730B01-330F-47BF-B1D9-217E59D3A052.jpeg

17553764-FAA0-4B20-8758-2A0A4BF6455A.jpeg

BJ was televised on Motortrend TV.Not anymore.

BJ was televised on Motortrend TV.Not anymore.
It's on FYI channel on Comcast/Xfinity anyway #772 digital here
now usually only Friday & Saturday coverage too, maybe differnt this year (?)

I've been to several of them in Scottsdale Az (Westworld)
IMHFO is one of the best
I went to the Reno Nv one also
(BJ no longer does it at Reno/Hot August Nights)
It's a great car show, with an auction to actually buy them
lots of memorabilia, signs pumps, and stuff that has nothing to do with cars
the ladies will like browsing too, lots of stuff to wander around & look at too
shirts, hats, jackets, glasses, rings, plates, art,
killer apparel from all kinds of styles
& cars, racing-oriented or not
great food, plenty to see

If you want to bid you need to pre-apply, get a bidder #
you can get one there too, it takes time & they have to run your credit
see what credit level you're at/can afford
they check you out & see what kind of cash or credit you have
you choose
they can finance too, right on-site
they will take cash too
they can ship, from right there on-site too
with Reliable Carriers one of the best, competitive/good prices too

it used to be 10% consigner
10% buyers fees

that's how they make their money
(free fees to charities, you write the check directly to the specific charity,
no middle man
)
it's a no-reserve auction,
they only "rarely" do a couple of cars with any reserve at all
usually ultra rare/special cars, usually ultra high million $$$ dollar cars
that if you need to know prices/reserves, you can't afford it probably

The great part is; "every car sells"
it's not like Mecum where
certain sellers/consigners get sweetheart deals
or select 'buyers' get special sweetheart deals too
(lower rates/fees that others don't get, it's BS, Mecum rules)
when like 40% of their (Mecum) auction offerings
'go to a bid goes on' desk
where people negotiate after the car/s leave the block
or like 25% doesn't sell at all, at Mecum

none of 'that bullshit' goes on at BJ
if it's in the auction, goes across the stage/auction block,
it sells

Enjoy, IMHFO it's well worth it,
to attend especially Scottsdale
better find a place to stay early,
they are booked lots of **** happening at the same time
in the area

Wall of text -holy wall of text Batman-.jpg

It’s definitely worth a visit More cars than you will ever remember seeing.
on Saturday night the Pavillions at 101 freeway and talking stick is another Barret Jackson inspired event. That also is a must see if in the area. There are other auctions going on too. Bring a fat wallet.

Auto Transport Service
Back