• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Barstow, Baker, California. Anyone near there. Need Hwy 127 status.

Dennis H

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:00 PM
Reaction score
Trying to avoid 15 to Vegas. Anyone been on the stretch from Baker to Shoshone and on to Nevada? Is it open and paved after last years flooding.

D709E08C-066E-4987-BB94-7D3FDDBA6874.png

Don't know about that but one time I took a short cut from Santa Barbara to Bakersfield through wheeler springs in the middle of the night. Pretty dumb thing for a prairie boy to do lol
:lol: :realcrazy:

Don't know about that but one time I took a short cut from Santa Barbara to Bakersfield through wheeler springs in the middle of the night. Pretty dumb thing for a prairie boy to do lol
:lol: :realcrazy:
Coldwater Springs. Been there.

Barstow.....Does anyone ever actually defend that town when others make fun of it?
The wife and I stopped there on the way back from Vegas in 2002. We pulled into a Denny's for lunch and I stupidly left our luggage in the back of the truck. We came out and the luggage was gone.

Dennis, I heard you're on your way to the NATS. Did you drive the '69 R/T? We need roadside photos :)
I hope you're successful in avoiding road closures and wildlife crossing in front of you. Wish I was there.

Thanks. 300C to Vegas. Charger to LA. HC to Carlisle. Need a decent Wrench to ride with me to go that far in the 69 these days.

Since that 300C is fairly new in your stable, please report back on the long distance driving experience of the 300C vs the White Charger Daytona vs the Challenger Hellcat. Comfort, handling, acceleration, fun factor. If all 3 were lined up and it's coast to coast drive time, what's your pick? I know your answer - 1969 Coronet R/T (with your caveat above).

Barstow.....Does anyone ever actually defend that town when others make fun of it?
The wife and I stopped there on the way back from Vegas in 2002. We pulled into a Denny's for lunch and I stupidly left our luggage in the back of the truck. We came out and the luggage was gone.
First mistake was stopping at Dennys

Ojai... Awesome drive... In the daytime... At night? Still awesome...
I said to hell with a piece of ****, I want a Charger. So we ended up with an R/T. That turned out to be wise with big tires and brakes. The wife and kids( and me) were all white knuckling trying to make time. Had to pry my fingers off the wheel.
But made it to Bakersfield about 230 am, ready to go to March meet!

Auto Transport Service
Back