• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Battery tray mounting

fine69

Local time
5:56 AM
Reaction score
Hi, all. Something I have yet to address on my charger is the battery tray. I noticed that the one in it is not a charger battery tray and it never had any hold down hardware. I was using a tarp strap up until now haha. Anywho I ordered a reproduction tray from classic industries with the hold down. I unbolted the tray that was in there and learned all of the original mounting brackets are gone. I’m going to order the kit for that too. My question is: are those two crude holes above the vacuum can where the underside brackets once used to bolt on?

IMG_2678.jpeg

Yes ,I believe 2 on bottom and 1 on front radiator support. You can see the 1 bolt in pic. 70 charger
20230924_130643.jpg

Here are the fixing points on my 70 Coronet. They should be the same as a Charger. I brought my kit from DMT which came with an AMD tray and all the hardware.

Screenshot_20240203_201254_Photo Editor.jpg

68/69 front battery tray doesn’t mount to the core support. Has a brace that mounts where the wire loom is attached in your photo on the top of the inner fender. It then goes to the front of the battery tray.

Auto Transport Service
Back