• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Be glad when Winternet is over...

dadsbee

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:56 AM
Reaction score
My "list" is getting long! I never thought that I'd actually have to write it down to keep track.....

...just gonna go work on my own **** for the week. Have fun fellas, and Leanna !

It don't get better, more distractions, less time, and slower than I once was. Not that I have ever been fast doing things.

I hear about you guys in snowy climates how some actually look forward to the Winter. Something about having the time to concentrate on your car projects without distractions like vacations, bar b ques and family gatherings that usually take place in the warmer months.
Good for you if you're able to do that.
I wish that I could. I just H A T E the cold weather, the short daylight hours and all of it. When Spring comes around, it feels like I come alive with optimism and motivation. I am happier, more confident, nicer to people around me and most likely, far less offensive to others.

The lack of sunshine is the worst I think, daylight savings seems to boost them moral for me quite a bit. I got 1 day to move some stuff into the new shop thats today will probably head out there soon trying not to wake the wife up but probably too late. Starting the FRP, doors and suspended ceilings in battle creek thrusday. will be on that for at least 2 1/2 weeks. can't find anyone that can do it without f'n that up. Really starting to hate commercial work, about done with that ****. Needing to get my 34 Dodge truck completed, been on hold for about 2 years now.

I actually like the weather here....... we get a little bit of everything, and none of it lasts very long........ and rarely do we get anything severe

I plowed the snow here twice this season, once about 4 days ago, getting less and less of the white stuff every year, global warming ain't so bad here IMO. :thumbsup:

I plowed the snow here twice this season, once about 4 days ago, getting less and less of the white stuff every year, global warming ain't so bad here IMO. :thumbsup:
plowing less here to but it has been as cold as usual. i’m thinking the drought ( less precipitation then normal) is helping us with less snow here . i did some field mowing last week , tractor didn’t leave any trace of passing thru . this time of year it should of been softer…..

Pop used to talk about how winters were seemingly harder to get through every year for him and
I'd dismiss it usually as just the old fella being grumpy about it...
I mean, this is TN - we don't get the severe winter stuff like some of you folks up north of course.

Well - as I've found myself on the expedited aging treadmill nowadays, it turns out that was yet another
example of me giving short shrift where I shouldn't have.
Winters for me have become downright grinds, each one noticeably harder to get through - and I can
see the day where it won't turn out so great, sooner rather than later.

I can see now that I'm being made to experience much of what Pop did in later years, in the same climate
and with the same medical baggage - a sort of enforced atonement for the sins of the son, I suppose.
Fairly so - I accept it as earned.

It’s nice to have an offseason to get projects done, but six months out of every year seems like an eternity…

LOL.. I think you guys missed what "Winternet" and my "list" refer to. So tired of helping guys out here just to get **** on... the no help "list" gets longer.

LOL.. I think you guys missed what "Winternet" and my "list" refer to. So tired of helping guys out here just to get **** on... the no help "list" gets longer.

I’ve noticed you tapping out of threads when the poster ignores or discounts solid advice. Their loss, don’t let it bother you…

Well I haven’t worked on my car much lately since work is extremely busy, but hope I didn’t make your list.

March 26th had to go do spring clean-up and mow a property already. I am still doing tree work spring is early!!

I must have missed something.
Just who **** on you ?
I've allways been thankful for any help from anybody on here.
:drinks:

Spent my life helping others and when I needed a second pair of hands, they scattered. I get what you're saying.

Spent my life helping others and when I needed a second pair of hands, they scattered. I get what you're saying.
Story of my entire life. 3AM in the morning pulling an engine and putting another one in on a buddies car in the late 70's just so he could "be seen" Friday night on the street and then a week later I'm lying under a car on blocks with a 727 on my chest trying to lift it into place and put the first bolt in. Do or die...

So many here that have joined lately and can't even browse the tech threads first before asking for a hand hold. Then they get snippy after you've helped them out, or don't want to follow any advise from the many here that offer, that will fix their car... as "they know"! Oh look, I have a PM from one of them now....
20240327_135617.jpg

Story of my entire life. 3AM in the morning pulling an engine and putting another one in on a buddies car in the late 70's just so he could "be seen" Friday night on the street and then a week later I'm lying under a car on blocks with a 727 on my chest trying to lift it into place and put the first bolt in. Do or die...

So many here that have joined lately and can't even browse the tech threads first before asking for a hand hold. Then they get snippy after you've helped them out, or don't want to follow any advise from the many here that offer, that will fix their car... as "they know"! Oh look, I have a PM from one of them now....
View attachment 1636098
Yeah I've seen a few of those.
" why research when I can just get an answer here without trying"

Auto Transport Service
Back