• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Been away for a long time but its great to back in the hobby!!

Nick Miller

Local time
9:05 AM
Reaction score
My 17 year old son has really grown up to love Mopars and a few months ago we acquired a nice 66 Satellite. We are having a blast so far, has a great running 383 and looking forward to some summer shows to attend.

Has been fun working with him pulling out the interior and beginning restoration. Have also restored taillights, backup lights and trunk panel, they look great.

Besides the Satellite we currently have an 08 300C, 09 Aspen, 09 Caliber and an 88 LeBaron Turbo we bought new.

Back in the day I owned a nice 70 Challenger Conv. B5 Blue, white top, 318. Other past Mopars - 38 Plymouth Streetrod 2dr Sedan, built 318. A nice 39 Dodge Business Coupe all original flathead 6, 60 Chrysler Saratoga 383, 75 Dodge Van customized hippie truck, 85 Dodge Window Van, 1995 Dodge Ram 1500, 2000 Dodge Conversion Van, 2000 Durango R/T, 07 Jeep Sahara 4dr, 91 Caravan AWD Cargo Van, 2 1978 Dodge Challengers - New right out of high school, 73 Duster, 90 Dodge Ramcharger, 93 Dodge Ramcharger, 05 Magnum R/T, 81 Omni 024, 82 Charger 2.2 and a few other various grocery getters....Wow, seems like a lot when I think about them.

For a few years in the early 80s I hosted a Mopar show in Edgewater MD - Mopars on the Beach and would be interested in speaking with anyone who attended. Those shows were a lot of fun and there were so many great cars that seemed to come out of the wood work. I guess there weren't many Mopar shows in the area back then.

We also had a few shows in Va at Fort Hunt park near Mount Vernon. I will post some pics of our 66 Sat. soon. Glad to be back in the hobby and enjoying a B-Body.

Welcome back, Nick! Have any pics you can post?

Welcome from another '66 Satellite owner that had been away a long time. 70 Barracuda Gran Coupe driver, '65 Coronet 2dr sedan 426 street wedge 4spd drag car (440, 452 low decks), '80 Arrow tube chassis.

welcome to FBBO from warm & sunny NorCal
glad to have you back,
I hope you & your son have a blast

Welcome back to the Madness Nick.
Here are some pics from the 2013 Back to the Beach Show. Obviously, the Gold Chicken is mine.

Attachments

• DSCN9056.jpg
    DSCN9056.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 142
  • DSCN8960.jpg
    DSCN8960.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 136
  • DSCN8954.jpg
    DSCN8954.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 157
Welcome from Minnesota and thanks for the background information. :hello2:

hi and welcome to the site :headbang:

Welcome to the site from fl.
You've had quite a few mopars there and your new one sounds great hope you and your kid have fun with it , when you get a chance post some pics we all like looking at the cars on here

Hi Nick!
Welcome aboard and thanks for joining the forum!
Nice car you have there!

Wow those pics of Mayo Beach really bring back some memories, I not only hosted the Mopar shows but grew up there as well. I had know idea anyone was still doing shows there, Mopar or otherwise. Beautiful "Chicken", love the color! Its like a Hot Wheels. I am really glad you represented "us" so well at the all makes show.

I see you are right in Friendship, did you ever attend Mopars on the Beach back in the day?

Auto Transport Service
Back