• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Beep beep horn

Ken Milton

Local time
1:51 AM
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone can tell me how to rebuild my beep beep horn, or if it can be rebuild.

I have tried a few times and been successful once or twice but they never look the same because you have to drill out all of the surrounding rivets. They are pretty simple

There is a whole thread on how to do them over on Moparts. And the rivets are readily available and easily duplicated.

There is a whole thread on how to do them over on Moparts. And the rivets are readily available and easily duplicated.

ExcellenI bought a new one but may try then I will have 2. The wiring for 2 is there..lol. Thanks I will check out moparts.

I have tried a few times and been successful once or twice but they never look the same because you have to drill out all of the surrounding rivets. They are pretty simple

Thanks, If it can be done then I might aswell try. It's headed for the trash anyway.

My bad ... I thought that was on Moparts !!

So Ken, since you're in God's country, those rivets are available from Spae-Naur in Kitchener, ON.. They have a website that you can browse all their hardware. If I think of it I'll grab the p/n's of the rivets I think most closely resemble the originals - I have a bunch out in the shop.

So Ken, since you're in God's country, those rivets are available from Spae-Naur in Kitchener, ON.. They have a website that you can browse all their hardware. If I think of it I'll grab the p/n's of the rivets I think most closely resemble the originals - I have a bunch out in the shop.

Thanyou for all the help and Info.Just what I was hoping to recieve.

By the way, I may be in God's country but sure not God's province....lol

Frank Mitchell sold a rebuild kit for these horns many years ago with all the correct rivots. He went to Sparton when they closed and bought every piece that had left over from ones that were never built.. Atlas Obsolete is the place now you could call and see if anything is left...

So you think those rivets were special ?!?!?

So I just went though the rebuild process. The hardest part was getting the rivets out - took all of 5 minutes ... grind the backs off (not the heads) then knock 'em out. Tossed everything in the blast cabinet - careful around the contact mechanism - I kinda masked that area off. Blow the dust off then shot everything with self-etch primer then sprayed the inside of the grill and the center section of the horn. Bolted it all together for a test. All that's left is the riveting and final paint. Piece of cake If I had the rivet tool on hand I bet the whole resto wouldn't take an hour. Spent most of the time making the gaskets !!

Follow the steps in in this post - it is well written.

Sparton Beep Beep Horn restoration with photos

Auto Transport Service
Back