• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Beginning of the End?

Dibbons

Local time
12:34 AM
Reaction score
The '72 SSP has two 3,500 mile road trips under its belt so far.

Not quite five years yet since purchase of the "Noah" style car cover (and not complaining) but this morning for the first time I found a tiny hole--on the roof of all places. Vehicle always stored in carport with the cover on. I was washing the cover by hand for the first time with Simple Green. (second washing ever)

The first time (some years back) the cover was washed at home in a small tub washing machine (style that has no agitator in the center). I had to really stuff it in there to make it fit. The front loaders around here in the laundromats don't have a gentle cycle, so that option was off the table.

I hope to get a couple of years more from the cover since quality will cost you a pretty penny.

DSC07446.JPG DSC07444.JPG DSC07397.JPG

Last edited:
Maybe patch it.

Critter damaged it?

I'll probably put a little piece of gray duct tape on both sides for now (once it drys out completely).

Critter damage?

Once in awhile I find things knocked over and little footprints in the dust, might have been a neighbor cat that our dogs chased around.

I'll probably put a little piece of gray duct tape on both sides for now (once it drys out completely).

How about a small piece of iron on patch used to repair holes/slits in children's clothing?

I would be wary of the glue used in duct tape. Some of the glue might get on your paint on a hot day. The glue is not paint friendly.

Shoot off an email to the manufacturer and ask them for their recommendation.

Critter damage?

Once in awhile I find things knocked over and little footprints in the dust, might have been a neighbor cat that our dogs chased around.

I live out in the sticks. So, wild critters sometimes get onto my cars. Fox? Coyote??, feral cats?? They like to lay on the canvas top of my Roadster. I find their fur on my top. Fortunately, no other "presents" from them: and no damage so far.

Vehicle was painted June 23, 2015. Today finally done with all the washing of car cover and vehicle (twice for each). In the last photo, one can see clearly the dent in the left side of the driver quality bumper I purchased from Kern Dog (saving $300 was worth it though).

DSC07461.JPG DSC07462.JPG DSC07463.JPG DSC07465.JPG DSC07466.JPG DSC07464.JPG

Last edited:
How has this cover worked as far as being both waterproof and breathable? Looking for a good outdoor cover for my RR.

I chose the "Noah" style car cover by planning ahead and thinking about my long road trips that may have turned out wet. My two road trips so far (7,500 miles) have turned out to be so dry that I don't remember even having used the wipers yet. This cover is not water-proof, but water resistant (it has to breath somehow). The layer construction seems to be well thought out and effective. I waited much too long to wash it (I know because the dust finally passed through all the layers).

My vehicle has always been in a carport and the climate here is very dusty with little to no rain. However, there is a heavy morning dew most early mornings. The construction and fit are top notch so I am very pleased with the performance in my case. I know there are many styles and claims to choose from, but I can't address those from experience.

I do know this, the "medium" quality car cover I purchased for about fifty bucks at Autozone for my '65 A body turned to dust after a year outside in the sun (on the box it claimed to have a lifespan of up to ten years).

Auto Transport Service
Back