• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Beginning restoration on the first car I ever bought

rftroy

Local time
4:30 PM
Reaction score
I bought my 440+6 1970 Roadrunner back in May of 1975, when I was a rambunctious teenager. Here is a picture of it recently, before major disassembly. It took me a long time to save up the $400 I paid for it.

I have two projects I'm working at the same time now, this car and a 1970 Challenger. I've been on the Challenger for a couple of years (it's been on hold since Covid hit), but I'm now back to work on both.

I signed up because, now that I'm in to working on the Roadrunner, I will probably have some detail question about originality, and I'm hoping a B body specific site will be a good source.

Robert

RTRoadrunner-s.jpg

Welcome, great car! You will get lots of questions answered here. What interior and trans does it have? What color was it? I see multi colors now.

welcome to FBBO nice road runner project

Welcome from Michigan the Motor City! 440'

Welcome from New York State:steering:

Welcome to the FBBO site. Very nice ride. Glad you had the smarts to keep it. It's probably worth at least 100 times what you paid for it, even as it sits now. This site will be very helpful to you.

As one can see from the first picture the pinion is pointed right at the nearest bracket mounting bolt.

As one can see from the first picture the pinion is pointed right at the nearest bracket mounting bolt.

I think you are meaning to post these on the thread you started about your gearbox. This is the wrong thread.

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

I bought my 440+6 1970 Roadrunner back in May of 1975, when I was a rambunctious teenager. Here is a picture of it recently, before major disassembly. It took me a long time to save up the $400 I paid for it.

I have two projects I'm working at the same time now, this car and a 1970 Challenger. I've been on the Challenger for a couple of years (it's been on hold since Covid hit), but I'm now back to work on both.

I signed up because, now that I'm in to working on the Roadrunner, I will probably have some detail question about originality, and I'm hoping a B body specific site will be a good source.

Robert

View attachment 1121252
Since your new here , oh and welcome to the site , go to the appropriate section to enter your questions , you will see them in forums , title them and ask away , great help here and the guys are always willing to help out anyway they can ! Oh btw , we love pics to help understand your needs !

Auto Transport Service
Back