• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Belvedere GTX

A friend of mine had a non SS built 327 4 speed 66 in the 80's.

Was a fun car but I wouldn't call it uncontrollable.

A friend of mine had a non SS built 327 4 speed 66 in the 80's.

Was a fun car but I wouldn't call it uncontrollable.
THIS ONE WAS IF U PUT UR FOOT IN IT, EITHER HAD TO FIGHT THE HELL OUT OF IT, OR GET OUT OF IT. I IMAGINE THE TYIRES WERE A LITTTLE BETTER IN THE 80`S TOO.

Must have been a dealer built car as the 327/350 was the biggest engine the factory put in them prior to 68 - and they are fairly rare. The Roadrunner decal is interesting though as that's 2 years before the Roadrunner came out. Chrysler had to pay Warner Brothers for the rights to use it so if Chevrolet was plastering RR decals on some cars, I suspect that was probably a rogue dealer process too.

Must have been a dealer built car as the 327/350 was the biggest engine the factory put in them prior to 68 - and they are fairly rare. The Roadrunner decal is interesting though as that's 2 years before the Roadrunner came out. Chrysler had to pay Warner Brothers for the rights to use it so if Chevrolet was plastering RR decals on some cars, I suspect that was probably a rogue dealer process too.
the sticker on the window said it was the 375h.p. fuelie engine w/ a 4 barrel rated at 365 > ????????

the sticker on the window said it was the 375h.p. fuelie engine w/ a 4 barrel rated at 365 > ????????

Added on dealer sticker. Fuel injection ended in mid 1965 when the 396 was introduced in the Corvette. For that matter so did the 327/365 motor. It was not available in 1966 even in a Corvette - but would have been over the counter. But the 327/350 HP motor introduced in 1966 was essentially the same motor as the 327/365 except for a hydraulic cam and minor part number changes on the carb/distributor, etc. Dealer may have installed a 365 HP mechanical cam as a dealer performance option prior to selling the car.

My first new car was a 67 Satellite 383 4-speed. According to the information I had when ordering the car, the Satellite was a trim level below the GTX. I was told this was because of the trim differences and the 440 or Hemi engine offering. Although down the road I find that there are 67 Satellites with the Hemi engine. I have not heard of an original 67 Satellite with a 440.
I asked the salesman that I ordered the car from if I could get a Hemi without the GTX. He told me that he could check the box on the order form and we could see what happened. The motor option was almost a quarter of the cars cost added to it, which was to much for me. Another odd thing is when we were checking boxes on the order form, I ordered the tachometer and the salesman asked if I wanted the 6K or the 8K tachometer. I opted for the 8K, same money, but today find one of those.
Yes I'm an old fart.

For decades Chrysler claimed not to have ever built 67 Hemi Satellites, then they must have uncovered some paperwork.

IIRC there about 8 documented.

I had three chances to buy the same 67 Hemi Satellite in the 90's, when I had no money for a major project and no place to store it.

By the third time, it came with two letters from Chrysler, One dated 1989 stating they never built any, and one dated 1991, stating they built approximately five.

I would like to know if there are any documented 67 Satellite 440 cars in existence. I really think that would be rarer than a 67 Hemi Satellite.

I'm pretty sure not.

Auto Transport Service
Back