• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bendix Dual Diaphragm Power Brake Booster

ga66mopar

Local time
11:37 AM
Reaction score
I wanted to get the word out about Prior Brake produsts. I put disk brakes on my 66 belverdere and needed a brake booster. I wanted a factory looking booster which for 67-70 disk brake would have been the Bendix Dual Diaphragm Power Brake Booster. The booster for a B body is real hard to find and very expensive. I found one from a c body for $100 which is a little easier to find. The push rod on the B body is shorter but otherwise is the same. I sent it to Prior Brake produsts in Dallas. They called me and I told them what I needed and they understood the rod being different lenths. They rebuilt it and sent it back in one week. I installed it last night. They changed the rod to the correct length for a b body.They charged $110 plus shipping which was another $15. I wanted to pass the word around about what a great job they did.
http://www.priorreman.com/

That's great news! My 68 Road Runner is a factory Bendix disc brake car and at some point I will be looking to have the booster done. Can you post some detailed pictures of your booster? I just want to get an idea of finish quality, etc..

That's great news! My 68 Road Runner is a factory Bendix disc brake car and at some point I will be looking to have the booster done. Can you post some detailed pictures of your booster? I just want to get an idea of finish quality, etc..

I have already installed it. I should have taken some pictures with it out. It came back with no paint which I understand because every one wants it painted a different shade of black. What was neat was when I called with any questions I talked with the guys that worked in the shop. I had a very good experience. If you need your booster rebuilt I wouldn't wait to long a lot of small companies like this have gone under.

I have the technology to apply paint so bare metal is fine with me. I assume it's working well? I think I'll take your advice and talk to them soon. Thanks for the info.

Thanks a lot for identifying a source to rebuild these boosters. I had an experience with mine that was a "first". A 68' Charger R/T with factory power disc, the power assist worked and behaved fine on the road. However, the engine would run rough at idle with the brake pedal applied or in gear at a stop sign. Release the pedal and the engine would clean up. Talking to one of their tech guys this morning, he confirmed my suspicion that the source of the problem is inside the booster. I'll be removing it this week to send in for an overhaul.

I sent two more Bendix dual diaphragm power brake boosters to Prior Brake produsts in Dallas to have rebuilt. They are great to deal with.

Auto Transport Service
Back