• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best A12 runner rebop L.O. hood?

Local time
10:31 PM
Reaction score
Been tryin' to piece together feedback in threads on different forums and still can't find a definitive vote for either the Y.O. or the AAR. Am doing a clone car and need the hood to go with a look-alike 6bbl style air cleaner lid set up for my 4bbl from these guys: http://www.hybrid-fiberglass-solutions.com/products/custombaseplates.html

I've heard the AAR hood lacks the correct under hood airbox insert to line up with the seal, and that the Y.O. hood is fragile and cracks.

Which is better and why?

Feedback and suggestions appreciated.

If you ask the guys at the a12forum.com they will tell you hands down that the Year one hood is the most accurate except that it has a smoother underside finish than the factory one.

Problem is, is that tge YearOne hood is not made by year one. Its a different supplier. And year ones prices is jacked up 115% over what the original supplier is offering it up at. So try and figure out where year one is getting them

Excellent question. Anyone have any clues? I bet they're made in China.:eusa_doh:

Year One has an exclusive contract with the hood maker so you can't go around them.

Makes sense. If there is a mark up, they earned it. In any case, sounds like the Y.O. hood is the go to.

Now I just need to get more feedback as far as prep, paint , and drilling. Appreciate feedback from anyone who's worked with a raw rebop hood.

A guy here....

racing elvis had one for sale(?)

Maybe try to contact him?

you got to go with the YO hood. i think you'd be able to refiberglass the underneath to make it rough to duplicate an original. thats what i would buy.

Auto Transport Service
Back