• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best Bang for Buck Sandpaper

Sam69sat

Local time
6:57 PM
Reaction score
Looking for recommendations on good brands and good bang for the buck sandpaper for body work. Also what brands to stay away from. For 6 inch discs and for block sanding. Thanks

Last edited:
Mirka is the D/A discs that I prefer.
Avoid ACE brands. They are terrible. They wear out fast.

I know a guy…. A real cheapskate.
He will use a piece of sandpaper until one grain of sand is all that is left to it.

The mirka we get is what you must of already used. Dead from the get go.

I'm a 3m/norton guy; but I've seen a lot of mirka being used in the industry, and assumed it was comparable ....... I will take your word for it and stay away...... nothing is worse than shitty sandpaper; especially when ya stock up on it

I've used Mirka allot & find it very good... Made in Finland...

I'm a 3m/norton guy; but I've seen a lot of mirka being used in the industry, and assumed it was comparable ....... I will take your word for it and stay away...... nothing is worse than shitty sandpaper; especially when ya stock up on it
Ya Mirka is a round stone. Its dies out fast. But Im pretty sure its cheap in price as well.

3M is good but a box of 50 is expensive.
Norton is really good. I use that daily. Whether 3” wide Roll strips or 6” disc.

3M can't be beat! I'm sure Norton and Mirka is OK, but I'm spoiled. Just make sure you get the right
paper for the work you are doing!

3M Blue for me. Don’t use the Summit Racing house brand. It’s from Germany but it’s not good. Cheap paper just means you use more of it.

3m gold , 80 to 320
The 800 3m we use is white.
36 & 80 green for the long boards. 3m 180 purple on the roll for blocking.

Auto Transport Service
Back