• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best companies to get metal stampings? AMD, ABS, other?

nicc264

Local time
4:55 PM
Reaction score
Looking for good quality good price replacement parts, floor pan, frame rails, etc for my 68 coronet.

Which company(s) over all has the best prices and quality combo? I know you get what you pay for, i dont want junk and would pay a little more for good quality.

I'm wondering if all the companies are getting the stampings from the same place OEM and just trying to make different profits?

Thank you in advance.

Looking for good quality good price replacement parts, floor pan, frame rails, etc for my 68 coronet.

Which company(s) over all has the best prices and quality combo? I know you get what you pay for, i dont want junk and would pay a little more for good quality.

I'm wondering if all the companies are getting the stampings from the same place OEM and just trying to make different profits?

Thank you in advance.
i used AMD seems to be pretty close for a 68 charger. the problem i had is getting them delivered without damage.

I had good luck with AMD as well. When a fender cam dented they resolved the situation by giving a pair of a fender well support bracket. They were on the up n up.

I have had great service from AMD. The parts fit very good too. Please keep in mind that any body panel you replace will take some work to get it to fit properly due to production line tolerances, etc.

My vote is for AMD. They used to advertise thicker sheet metal used in making their parts. Every part I ever got from them has been top notch quality. I have heard of some who had fit issues with 68-69 Charger quarters. But IMHO they are the best out there.

- - - Updated - - -

As furyus stated................ They are NOT all the same.

I don't think it really matters,I'm not impressed with my AMD parts & I've bought a lo t of panels,every part has something wrong with it, some are just easier to make work, on 69 RR the tailight area sucks for fitment

Auto Transport Service
Back