• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best Looking truck ever made.

67 A-100 WS Gill Plunkit.jpg

pretty well done Bel Camino
truck-lite

View attachment 1470208

View attachment 1470209
In the mid sixties we had lots of cars made into front seat vehicles only.
Ross Thatcher, leader of the Liberal Party became Premier of the Province.
They brought in purple gas that farmers could use in equipment and trucks that only had one front seat. This purple gas was about .32 cents per gallon. Regular gasoline for non farm vehicles was about .47 cents a gallon. So the farmers cut the roof’s off lots of late 40’s cars and even some up to 1959. Filled in behind the back of the seat, cut the doors off at the bottoms of the windows and kept the back end. Made a filler for the interior. Uou could also get a cheaper farm licence plate. They were commonly called Thatcher wagons. In 1971 we bought a 1958 283 Bel Air Thatcher Wagon from my wife’s uncle. 125.00 sold it In 1975 for 100.00.

In the mid sixties we had lots of cars made into front seat vehicles only.
Ross Thatcher, leader of the Liberal Party became Premier of the Province.
They brought in purple gas that farmers could use in equipment and trucks that only had one front seat. This purple gas was about .32 cents per gallon. Regular gasoline for non farm vehicles was about .47 cents a gallon. So the farmers cut the roof’s off lots of late 40’s cars and even some up to 1959. Filled in behind the back of the seat, cut the doors off at the bottoms of the windows and kept the back end. Made a filler for the interior. Uou could also get a cheaper farm licence plate. They were commonly called Thatcher wagons. In 1971 we bought a 1958 283 Bel Air Thatcher Wagon from my wife’s uncle. 125.00 sold it In 1975 for 100.00.
cool story, sounds like you did well, adapt & overcome
farm/country boys are resourceful types :thumbsup:
no matter what the govt. tries to do to them

I owned one when I was just a teenager! Man I loved that truck. Still love the look.

1976_ford_f-100_1569939005dec12a1.jpg

Them "original" Jeep trucks are very attractive IMO.

...and that body ran for ever.

What- 63 to 89?

Best looking TRUCK? Late 70s Peterbilt conventional.
Best looking full size pickup? 69 to 72 Chevrolet ; Im partial to the 71-72 models.
Best looking not full size pickup? Jeep MJ [comanche] hands down.

Best looking full size pickup? 69 to 72 Chevrolet ; Im partial to the 71-72 models.

The Peterbilt conventional tractors were awesome and the cab over Pete's were just as cool. When I was a kid my step father was a service manager at a Peterbilt dealership and used to bring home brand new Peterbilt trucks with the plastic still on the seats and take us out for a ride in them.

My little red express truck has it all over those Chevy trucks, but as far as the Chevy trucks go, the 67/68 trucks are better looking than the 69 to 72 trucks are. The hoods were way better on the 67/ 68 Chevy trucks were. The guy who designed those trucks was so pissed off,he quit his job at General Motors when he found out that they changed the design of the hood for the 69 model year.

Auto Transport Service
Back