• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best new stock dash speaker for 69 b body

Some Car Guy

Local time
3:37 PM
Reaction score
The AM radio is out for a rebuild and while I have the under dash apart to fix a laundry list of things, I figure changing the speaker is a now or never thing. the radio never played in this car, I found a blown fuse and it came on enough to think the caps are blown, then stopped doing even that. Not sure if this speaker is any good or not.

I’ll be adding an FM convertor I picked up off eBay. I want clear sound and have no interest in a loud stereo, thumping, etc. I found these two, I’m intrigued by the first one because it seems to offer an updated sound.

anybody use this one?

Antique Automobile 4x10 Low Profile Speaker Dual Voice Coil Speaker

This one seems more like a stock replacement

4" x 10" Slimline Oval (Single) | S&M Electro-Tech

That Dual voice coil speaker look interesting?
Is your radio being rebuilt as stock or with modern stereo internals?

It’s a stock rebuild. I have an audiovox convertor for the fm, guy said those were the best back in the day. He buys and sells the convertor s a lot.

I wanted the stock look of the Plymouth writing and Devin Duke has done great on all my electric rebuilds. He can bang it out in time for the show.

Called the place showing it works with an 8-10 ohm radio and it does not.

My GTX has a 3 speaker dash, I used S&M replacements for all of them. The speakers are made of better materials and use larger than stock cerium magnets. I believe they are designed with a lower impedance rate than the stock speakers which should provide higher output. They sound pretty good considering my low tech hybrid sound system comprised of a factory AM/8 Track with an iPod jack.

Their shop is a few miles due west of me, they don’t get many walk in customers but the owner was happy to demo the speakers when I wandered in one day. It seemed like a very legit business…

Auto Transport Service
Back