• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best place to get a Universal Hub Puller ?

junkyard junky

Local time
10:59 AM
Reaction score
Looking to pull the drums off my 63 plymouth and was wondering where was the universal best hub puller for price?

Try a local tool rental store. If they've been around for a while, they should have the puller. I had several when I had my rental store, but that item, along with many automotive tools, fell out of use as cars got better and all the older "back yarders" moved away or died.

Be sure to leave the nut flush with the end of the axle when you use it.

My local Advance store didn't carry the one needed for the job. What they carry is too light and not designed right. You need the one made for that kind of power, dog bone spinner to hit with a hammer. I bought a used one on eBay for about seventy dollars. Also they still make new ones for a little more money.
If you're going to own a car with tapered axles you should own one to keep in your tool box. Remember to back off the brake shoe adjuster all the way before trying to pull off the hub assembly...

Attachments

• $T2eC16RHJGYE9nooh7slBQf0hDB-Ew~~60_35.JPG
    $T2eC16RHJGYE9nooh7slBQf0hDB-Ew~~60_35.JPG
    6.4 KB · Views: 135
I was going to buy one and keep it. I have a couple of panzer garden tractors that have 8 3/4 Chrysler rear ends with tapered rear ends.

I'm like the "khryslerkid":
I could NOT get the Hubs of the Max Wedge Rear end!
Heated them, banged them cooled them...
Ebay, some guy had a HUGE "Blue Point" Old Skool design, much like the one in khryslerkid's pic.
It did the trick...$70 + S/H

But yeah, go to your local NAPA store...

I checked the local Napa store via website. $131. O'reilly Auto Parts wanted $140 but a while back they had $20 off anything over $100. I checked sears but they looked the same as OTC but were a different brand. One was about $70 and the other was $120 or so.

The best deal is to have a friend that has one. I realize that this doesn't work for everyone, but I'm a really lucky guy.

Auto Transport Service
Back