• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best Place to sell a used car

PeteyDaMan

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:58 PM
Reaction score
Merry Christmas All!!

Need some advice on the best places to post a car for sale.
I'm trying to sell my 07 Charger R/T and I'm not having much luck.
I listed it on both Craigslist and Facebook Market place and haven't had any interest.
I priced the car lower than book value but it has high mileage.

any ideas?

FYI, I'm not looking to sell it here

It's the holidays so people aren't looking unless they're desperate for wheels this time of year. I had to buy a newer car/Jeep at the first of this month because my Caravan became unreliable and left me sittin on the side of the road a couple times, come to find out it's a bad alternator, but I digress. Park it in the front yard with a sign & number so drive by traffic can see it, or park it in a vacant lot with the same. Go talk to a couple of as I call them "pot lot" dealers that have older cars and see if you can cosign it out with them. There's not much else you can do except get out there and show that it's up for grabs.
I'm going to have to deal with sellin a 94 Caravan with 168K after I swap out the alt. I'm sure I won't get much more than $1500 for it, but that's another story. Good Luck

Once people start getting their income tax returns back after the holidays,that's when they are looking to buy cars.

Once people start getting their income tax returns back after the holidays, that's when they are looking to buy cars.
I never looked at it that way, makes sense though.

Wait a couple months and put it on bring a trailer. Com
Put a reserve and see what happens
People are paying stupid money on there

Thanks for the input guys.
I'll just leave it in the garage for a few more months and relist it in March or so.

Thanks for the input guys.
I'll just leave it in the garage for a few more months and relist it in March or so.
Look at the bright side. The longer the car sits, the older it gets and the less high milage it becomes. It's a win win!

Auto Transport Service
Back