• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best Water Filter To Replace Bottled Water?

streetmachine

Local time
12:31 PM
Reaction score
I've been trying to find an answer and haven't come with much or a mixed bag of answers. Is there a water filter system something similar to a Brita that can equal or better bottled water? The biggest caveat in my situation, is the water is hard hear and I live near farm fields where I believe some chemicals are used? Mainly, they grow corn and soy beans here I believe. Thank you in advance?

For "hard" well water in the country that contains farm chemicals and possibly livestock run-off, I would highly suggest a "reverse osmosis" type of filter or filtering system.

I second a reverse osmosis system. We have well water and a complete water system which includes a chlorination tank, softener, dechlorinator, filter and a reverse osmosis filter for the drinking water. It is all the Kinetico brand and I couldn’t be any happier with it. When the drinking water has been tested it is always much better than bottled water.

Sorry for my late reply. Thank you both. I don't quite have well water but, I am hooked up the small town's water system here. Are water is pretty hard here and I can't recall everything in it. I think we might get some results here so, I'll post them up and then probably be able to help. Thank you again.

For "hard" well water in the country that contains farm chemicals and possibly livestock run-off, I would highly suggest a "reverse osmosis" type of filter or filtering system.
"reverse osmosis"
1407b90fb43da781071457e4f33970afaaade43b.gif

I bought a reverse osmosis (RO) system last year. The water is so clean tasting, way better tasting than any bottled water. I wish I would've bought the system a long time ago. RO will remove a certain amount of water hardness but not a really high amount like found in some well water.

Auto Transport Service
Back