• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Big All-Mopar show in New Zealand - in rural Morrinsville . . .(picture feast)

You're a good dad, taking it to the store with you. I don't see a bastard in that lol:poke:
Thank you! One day when I can no longer see to her needs, I will gift her to a special person that will take over and carry on.

. . . the Toyota ute was a good bit of entertainment.....running a Holden (GM) 308 V8. @MarPar :lol:

On the small toy at the back of the ute is a licence plate which refers to IRD (Inland Revenue Dept - like IRS)

View attachment 1376205

View attachment 1376206

View attachment 1376207

View attachment 1376208

View attachment 1376209

View attachment 1376210

View attachment 1376212

View attachment 1376213

View attachment 1376214
Ha! That's great!! I love the sign

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1669053274717.png

My friend Ian was there with his 71 FC7 Road Runner. He said the drive home was quite scary as he was caught in torrential rain most of the way. Not ideal for our classics.

My friend Ian was there with his 71 FC7 Road Runner. He said the drive home was quite scary as he was caught in torrential rain most of the way. Not ideal for our classics.
So very true. When we left as a group the rain started halfway up the Waikato Expressway.....we were down to a crawl at one point - visibility was less than a car length.
I spoke to the guy today who just bought my GTX, and he saw us cruising past the Rangiriri pub as they were having some lunch. Definitely a very wet ride home. I am so glad my wipers work so well, and variable speed too. :)

@Chargerjase might not have gotten the joke. He is on the other side of the world ya know.
Oops, good catch. Thanks MarPar.

@Chargerjase , Ian is coincidentally the name of a tropics storm we had come through the US recently. I only referenced it in friendly gesture. Please forgive my ignorance. No harm intended sir.

Oops, good catch. Thanks MarPar.

@Chargerjase , Ian is coincidentally the name of a tropics storm we had come through the US recently. I only referenced it in friendly gesture. Please forgive my ignorance. No harm intended sir.
Sorry PlymCrazy, no worries at all. I didn't get it, but do now. Sorry for being so slow lol. No harm done I can assure you.

That looks like a great turnout for a country of your size. Lots of quality cars and trucks.
I love seeing the "down under" A body cars and their differences between them and the cars we had up here.
This car in the picture....Is this a V8 swap? I thought these had the straight 6 exclusively:

View attachment 1376379

Finally, is it weird to drive a left hand drive car on the road with all the other cars being right hand drive?
There were factory 318's and 340 cars too but I think the 340's were all auto and not the hi-po engine.
The styling is ok but I've never liked the square front lights.
Left hand drive is easy - reverse parking is a cinch, and as I drive north to the city, the sun is on the other side of the car when I leave and then the opposite coming home in the afternoon, so you don't get a sunburn.

Hey - Top Mopar Day out in Morrinsville, sorry to have missed catching up KiwiGTX, we were running behind the pack all day and got there around 10.30/11.00 or so just as another rain squall came through.

Looks like heaps of cars left early because of the weather and nowhere to shelter. About this time of day I usually have a guffaw about open ragtops and the cats that try to drive them here out of season...

I was fortunate enough to borrow a cool ride for the day off a good buddy so we headed down in that, not every day I get to pedal a 69 440 6 Pack 4 speed RR. It really moves out too, like " Don't mash it in top gear" from the Owner. Turns out - he's right. Breaks traction in top gear easily at 60 mph. Oh - and leaning on it everywhere with open dumpers. Had a ball, so did my girlfriend and her 11 year old daughter.

We got caught in a weather bomb on the way back, 4 cars driving into a sudden hailstorm which then turned into a near tornado and total whiteout, couldn't even see the white line on the side or past the front of the car with the hail coming across sideways. We all slowed right down and stopped where we were and hoped the traffic behind us did too. Then it got heavier and zero visibility at all. Couldn't even tell what side of the road we were on, pretty concerning. A few minutes on, then the hail slackened off and I could see the 2 cars in front and more behind - all safe and everyone ok.

I've been in storms at sea on big ships, but man, this really opened up a few more notches than that, I never want to be in weather like that, especially in a buddy's car. There was a friend in his candy striped aluminium fendered 64 330 413 Ramcharger behind me, I thought he would have been damaged to hell, but no problem.

We all had a few beers later on when we got back and congratulated ourselves on well, no problems.

Anyway, on with the pics.

20221120_080328.jpg

20221120_080343.jpg

20221120_080421.jpg

20221120_115330.jpg

A few more.
Ian's Hemi Coronet and his old Daytona, yes, it's the CalGas one for all you Aero Guys.

And real E49's, 38's and that orange one with the minilite mags on it is a real E37. That cat has owned it for probably close on 30 years, he's a train driver and man, he drives that car like it's on rails too, have seen him in action years ago :D

20221120_114140.jpg

20221120_114412.jpg

20221120_114654.jpg

20221120_125033.jpg

20221120_125050.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty freaking cool - interesting the amount of fixed up 4 doors, and I dont think Ive ever seen so many valiants in one place before (dont feel Ive ever seen those chrome sun shades)

Auto Transport Service
Back