• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD Big Block 727 Push Button Transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea what that would cost.

Let me know if you’re able to find anything out. I would purchase.

I don't know the first thing about shipping this stuff. I would have to build a crate big enough for everything & have it designed so nothing gets destroyed, especially the radiator. With the cost of plywood, lumber & hardware, that alone would be the better part of a 100 dollar bill. Then add the cost of shipping plus the time invested. It just wouldn't be worth it. I don't even know who would ship it. I will look into it, but I'm not real confident that this will work.
Plan yourself a vacation in the beautiful Smoky Mountains of Tennessee, and I will meet you with the goods.

I’ve unfortunately found myself the sole custodian of two beautiful children, aged 2 and <1, with very little in the way of family support. Until I find a new mother figure I do not see any vacations in my near future. If anything changes on either end I suppose we can keep in touch. I will PM you my phone number as I do not come to the forum terribly frequently.

That sounds good. I will be in touch when I learn more.

Breaker-1, I myself am in the market for a BB 727 pushbutton. The one you have has the same numbers that I have in my car. Mine just has the minor issue of a crack going through the low reverse servo. (That was a bad day). Let me know what your number on shipping the transmission to Boise Idaho would be and might be a buyer as well.

IMG_5459.jpeg

Hi 440SportFury. That does sound like it was a bad day! I will work on getting this thing crated up and try to find a shipping company to get some quotes from. I will try to get this done by the first part of next week. Thanks!

Can anyone verify if there’s any difference in driveshaft lengths between a pushbutton and a regular 727?

I sent you a pm, but I'll post this here for conversation purposes.
Push button transmissions have a different style output shaft than the later non-push button yoke style transmissions. So even if they are the same length, the end of the driveshaft that bolts to the output shaft will need to be cut off and the correct older style welded on. By a shop that can build driveshafts, so they can make sure it is balanced properly, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back