• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

bill wilcom passed

3sloppydogs

Local time
3:45 AM
Reaction score
not sure if you all know him or who he was but Bill Wilcom passed recently. He was the owner and operator of the legendary 75-80 dragway in Monrovia Md. He closed it around 2003 as I recall for several reasons. The land is worth a fortune and he sold it. Sadly for new development. Another lost track and lost a great supporter of the sport

R.I.P.

not sure if you all know him or who he was but Bill Wilcom passed recently. He was the owner and operator of the legendary 75-80 dragway in Monrovia Md. He closed it around 2003 as I recall for several reasons. The land is worth a fortune and he sold it. Sadly for new development. Another lost track and lost a great supporter of the sport

Is it fair to say that he’s now the richest man in the graveyard?

RIP Bill

R.I.P.

Didn't know him but probably a good guy if that was his passion.. RIP. Here is a drone video of it..

It was his passion. He was totally involved. It the tracks heyday it ran all weekend and Wednesday night for testing.
He was a strong supporter of bracket racing so all could race.

Classic MD drag spot. Motorweek used to do a bit of film and testing there. RIP Mr Wilcom.

I can't remember the publication but it was voted one of the top ten tracks at one time. The spectator side was awesome. You could back right up to about 20 feet away then start your grill make some burgers drink some cool beverages sit in a lawn chair in the back of your truck and enjoy the whole day.

Spooked me for a moment - I thought you were referring to @Billccm - Glad you weren’t (I’m sure he is too). But RIP to the passed gentleman.

RIP

Nothing has been done with the property, it's starting to look like an episode of Mysteries of the Abandoned on the science channel. I used to run there all the time in college, back when my wagon was a low-13-second street car (and when my buddies and I were playing with our 11 and 12 second turbo dodges). I'm down that way every now and then...shame the track won't come back. Closest track now is Mason Dixon (always run .10 or .20 faster there since it's downhill lol)...

Auto Transport Service
Back