• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bird is out of its cage.

blue69runner

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:34 PM
Reaction score
So after so many day's and week's of working on restoring this 69 roadrunner. 383 motor A833 four speed with A/C. Console with Hurst shifter. Open diff. 8 3/4 rear end. So thanks for the guy's that have had input on the car and hope you enjoy the pic's. Blue.
IMG_0108 (3).JPG
IMG_0109 (2).JPG
IMG_0110 (2).JPG
IMG_0111 (1).JPG
IMG_0115.JPG
IMG_0116.JPG
IMG_0117.JPG
IMG_0118.JPG

Congratulations! It's a great feeling to be able to drive it and enjoy it after all that hard work and long hours.

Gee, that is purdy!
And I like the fact you installed AC. It's no fun cruising sweating to death. Keeps the wife and grandkids happy, too.
Now, enjoy it!

Their where times when I thought I would never get it done. After 5 year's of toil and betting my self up trying to figure out all the work needed to be done. Engine was no good. Needed to find an four speed transmission. Bell housing and more. Not having a finder tag made it easy for me to build it like I wanted it. I had a free brush to paint the car I wanted. Still want to put a sure grip in the rear end. Have a cone clutch type I was given buy a guy. It will get put in this next year. So thanks for all the comment's and kind word's. Just to say if you want it you can build it. My wife bought me a tag outer plate that say's built not bought. Even though it came in a lot of boxes.

Last edited:
Still want to put a sure grip in the rear end. Have a cone clutch type I was given buy a guy. It will get put in this next year.
Do the SureGrip, it will bring a whole new level of enjoyment!
Your car looks great and brings back one of my best young memories!
Yes! The "Mopar Experience" that I had at 7 years old in 1969, the one that made MOPAR the ONE for me was in my Dad and Mom's brand new 69 B5 Blue Roadrunner!
I've posted the longer version, but I'll just say when the speeder in a car passed us on the Interstate Highway going UP the High Rise Bridge, with the three of us in the 383 Roadrunner, with my LEO dad driving, he caught and pulled over the speeder less than a half mile away...

Absolutely a beautiful restored car. Saving another Mopar from the Boneyard is always a good thing. Hopefully, you have someone in the family that says Dad "You can't sell this one."

Auto Transport Service
Back