• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bladecutter......

Okay, update. I talked to Jimi a couple times on the phone this weekend. He's still his same old self, but you can tell he's getting tired. Just getting up in the morning, feeding the dog and having breakfast take a couple of hours...no energy. Still going every three weeks for his cancer treatments, still holding ground on that count; cancer isn't getting worse or better, just not progressing.

I told him that people were asking about him on here, he perked up and said thanks, and sends back his best wishes for everybody. He's on a basic phone plan, can't make long distance calls out so he can't call me, I have to make the call. I said I'd do it more often in future. :) If anyone has anything to say to him, I'll pass it on next time.
Tell him I wish the best for him, he's a very interesting and talented man.. sure miss seeing his post.

Okay, update. I talked to Jimi a couple times on the phone this weekend. He's still his same old self, but you can tell he's getting tired. Just getting up in the morning, feeding the dog and having breakfast take a couple of hours...no energy. Still going every three weeks for his cancer treatments, still holding ground on that count; cancer isn't getting worse or better, just not progressing.

I told him that people were asking about him on here, he perked up and said thanks, and sends back his best wishes for everybody. He's on a basic phone plan, can't make long distance calls out so he can't call me, I have to make the call. I said I'd do it more often in future. :) If anyone has anything to say to him, I'll pass it on next time.
You're a good man Ed. :thumbsup:

Ditto.

Tell him Hawk says hi and not to give up on the dreams for his bug!

For those that pray, prayer sure wouldn't hurt for him....

I sat on my daughters porch one summer night and talked to Jim on the phone until after midnight....He's a great great guy and my thoughts and prayers are with him.....Thanks and much appreciation to the members who reached out to him, your also great people

yes,
I met him in Mojave at Gene W infield's annual rendezvous.
He was having "hard times" due to extenuating circumstances
I flew a flag for him on one of our F-22 Flight test birds, had it mounted/engraved for him
But: I believe, the guy he was living with...or staying on his property met a Gal and she wanted him gone.
So, not too certain what became of him.
I do know he really never used or had a computer, so he would use his cell.
He had some med issues, as we all remember.
But as moparedtn and a few of you know, photon and a few others...he knew composites and painting.
He polished up a Prop, I gave to to the "Kids", our Test Pilots, for our break roommate the F-22 SPO (Special Projects Office).
It could have been in a museum, it is a piece of Jewelry!
I will look further into this.

IMG_0718.jpeg

IMG_0723.jpeg

Inscription says:
IMG_3656.jpeg

The Official Certificate was signed by our test Pilot and I think our Commander at the time.
Not certain, too much beer lately!

:rofl:

Hopefully everything goes well. Get better and get back here.

Please send him my best too please!

Auto Transport Service
Back