• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bleeding new brake system

Boris7K

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:49 AM
Reaction score
I have installed a completely new brake system and can't get the lines filled. It's a Dr Diff Stage 3 with 11.7 rears, new master cylinder, all new brake lines and distribution block. Master Cylinder is bench bled, tried to pull fluid to right rear caliper with mighty-vac hand pump but no fluid moves. Tried filling the rear(forward line from M/C) with squeeze bottle but it seems to be locked there as well. Running out of ideas, any brake wizards out there with suggestions?

I have installed a completely new brake system and can't get the lines filled. It's a Dr Diff Stage 3 with 11.7 rears, new master cylinder, all new brake lines and distribution block. Master Cylinder is bench bled, tried to pull fluid to right rear caliper with mighty-vac hand pump but no fluid moves. Tried filling the rear(forward line from M/C) with squeeze bottle but it seems to be locked there as well. Running out of ideas, any brake wizards out there with suggestions?
Simple test. Start at the master and crack a line loose it should drip. Follow each line a keep cracking and looking for a drip. When you do not get a drip that area is your problem.

As long as you have all new lines both steel and rubber, bench bled the master cyl.
Your just going to have to loosen fittings, lines and see at what point your fluid is stopping.
Is your push rod throw long enough ?
Use your bench bleed tubes and see if you have good flow on the car.
( cover everything well )
Also try the front 1/2, any fluid ?
Edit... pnora has you covered while I was thinking.lol

Also make sure the push rod is not to long. I am pretty sure if its pushing the piston down some it will not allow fluid to flow correctly.

You might also re-bench bleed the master. Make sure fluid is coming out of both tubes. It takes more effort to get the second piston to move. Lots of people think its bled but have only bled one half.

Just went through the same thing with a hand pump. After hand pumping until my hand cramped up I went in and got the wife to pump the pedal. Much faster!

Looks like the flaring on one of the two rear axle lines is bad, its pulling air as I pump vacuum. Going to reorder both in regular steel and try again, stainless is pretty hard to work with.

Auto Transport Service
Back